Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying Tenants but no Tenants

Hi

I have some tenants paying rent (on a one bedroom flat) for the last four months but they haven't moved in.

I asked them after two months what the plan was and they said they'll let me know soon. But never came back.

Its now four months with another six months on their fixed term contract.

It seems good to me but am wary that something isn't quite right. They've made no attempt to cancel the contract.
    Am I missing something?

At least there's no wear and tear.

thanks Matt.

Where is their mail going? Who's clearing the box of the junk? Have they given you a reason? Is it professionally managed? If so, what does the PM make of it? Have you googled the address to make sure it's not a front for some money-laundering organised crime or mafia safe house? Maybe the Govt rents it under assumed names for hiding their supergrasses who are on the run from Mr Big?

Comment

Dodging a School zone? Very odd

Comment

Are inspections being carried out? In case it's a clan lab.

Comment

Where can I get me some tenants like that??
          Sound like guvment paid ones.
          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Not so much dodging a school zone, but getting into one ?

Comment

Nope no reason. The mail is stacked up so I'd best clear it out. I've been around on and off for the last month doing some maintenance. I also have a three monthly inspection by my property manager. The property manager is as miffed as I am. It's totally empty. All I know is the tenant is currently living in Christchurch and hasn't given any reason to why they haven' moved in.

Comment

Ask them, then. What's the worst that can happen?

"It's a front for my international money laundering ring"

Yeah, baby! <--- channeling Austin Powers

Comment

It is very odd but I'd be happy with being paid the rent.

Is the property near a popular (good decile) school?
                  www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                  # Property Management
                  # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Might pay to check with your insurance as may not be covered if property is empty for extended period. ( Even though rented )

Comment

My sister-in-law has a place that has been rented for the last few years, but the tenants are overseas. Electricity and water are turned off, insurance company is aware, and rent is paid every week. Best tenants ever.

Comment

Lucky for your sister in law. However, wasn't she the least bit suspicious? I mean, why would anyone pay for a house/apartment and be overseas? Sounds very very odd.
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management

Comment

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                          Lucky for your sister in law. However, wasn't she the least bit suspicious? I mean, why would anyone pay for a house/apartment and be overseas? Sounds very very odd.
                          They were living here for a few years, then went back to Japan and then had visa issues - but still have a house full of stuff here. Kind of sad, but lucky for sister-in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by brendan View Post
                            They were living here for a few years, then went back to Japan and then had visa issues - but still have a house full of stuff here. Kind of sad, but lucky for sister-in-law.
                            Lucky her indeed!
                            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                            # Property Management

Comment

Working...
                            X