Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with MOA beer?

OK. I just don't get this.
    Why is MOA having troubles getting itself smoothly sailing?
    I mean, beer is beer, people will drink dishwater as long as its got a bit of alcohol in it.
    With a great name like MOA, how could you go wrong?
    Is there something wrong with their marketing strategy?
    Not creating the right vibe around what could be a very distinctive adventure type myth.
    I've never tasted the beer so don't know if its got issues there..
    Anyone tried it or seen it?
    Impressions anyone?
    Where can I get some to try?
    Last edited by McDuck; 01-06-2014, 05:38 PM.

There is a long thread about Moa - the company and the beer - on the Sharetrader site.

Comment

[QUOTE=McDuck;33Where can I get some to try?[/QUOTE]
      Fly Air New Zealand. Moa is currently their beer of choice for the evening domestic jet flights. Not a bad drop I thought.

Comment

Where to get it....maybe that's one of the issues...accessibility and also promotion too. Plus it's a crowded market with craft beers being all the rage. Also Kiwis drink more wine than beer.

Cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Isn't Moa at the supermarket? Sure I have seen it there.

Comment

^ moa is at many super markets. In Wellington craft beer is massive, We have many local producers that are bringing really good drops to the table. I personally think moa is no that nice and very overpriced. I would choose water over moa IMO

Comment

I think the part of the problem it's quite expensive and the taste in comparison to some cheaper beers isn't as good. That being said I don't mind the stuff and it might just be a personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by RexyJames View Post
                I think the part of the problem it's quite expensive and the taste in comparison to some cheaper beers isn't as good. That being said I don't mind the stuff and it might just be a personal preference.
                Thanks for the replies guys.
                I figured the issues are down to rates of expansion, and not having someone like Steve Jobs at the controls.

Comment

MOA is just another beer.
                  Might be a nice drop but being listed doesn't make it special.
                  They have had a number of issues getting the drop out there which doesn't help sales.

Comment

Working...
                  X