Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outrageous breach! Wine tasting festival ticket ad used my picture without consent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrageous breach! Wine tasting festival ticket ad used my picture without consent.

I bought a ticket online to a recent wine tasting festival . Apparently some of the terms and conditions of purchase allowed the use of photos taken at the event. I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person! I contacted them about this and said i had never given authorization ,and they said it was all part of the terms & conditions when i bought my ticket..Far-out i'm gob smacked!

Can they use my picture in their ads to sell tickets to their next event? This seems outrageous.

Imagine if true, one could wind up on a tin of spaghetti.

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person!
    Caught out, aye?
    I bet your partner isn't impressed as you told them you were visiting your mother that day.

Comment

eeh aye by gum laddie ..lol

no , not at all ..imagine you go to an event and a few months later you see an ad to buy tickets for the next same event with just your picture on it ,no one asked you, no one told you..This is a commercial venture..Am i not entitled to some form of remuneration?

Comment

Why?
        What have you contributed that deserves remuneration?

Comment

they're using my picture in pursuit of the generation of profit..my picture appeals ,i'm such a great looking msp

Comment

I don't think they'd have used it had they prior knowledge of your politics. If that got out, and people associated it to the festival, no one would buy a ticket.

Comment

Id be stoked myself and get a few copies to keep for reminiscing later when things are where they used to be. May try and score a few ticket or two?

Comment

When things AREN'T where they used to be? Tell me about it.

Comment

What was the wine like?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                    When things AREN'T where they used to be? Tell me about it.
                    You know 60 years down the track...the skin sags

Comment

Having trouble seeing the knees?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                        I bought a ticket online to a recent wine tasting festival . Apparently some of the terms and conditions of purchase allowed the use of photos taken at the event. I thought little of this until i saw they are promoting the next wine festival ticket sale by using a poster featuring myself and one other person! I contacted them about this and said i had never given authorization ,and they said it was all part of the terms & conditions when i bought my ticket..Far-out i'm gob smacked!

Can they use my picture in their ads to sell tickets to their next event? This seems outrageous.

Imagine if true, one could wind up on a tin of spaghetti.
                        Come on then lets see the picture.
                        There is no punch without Judy.

Comment

There is a reason you should always read everything you sign. Think the internet encourages us to just click "accept".

Comment

I didnt sign anything, Police Ten 7 still used by face.

Comment

Originally posted by Glizzle View Post
                              I didnt sign anything, Police Ten 7 still used by face.
                              I always had my doubts about you Gizzle.

Comment

Working...
                              X