Duncan attacks Ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    And I bet Ron doesn't give a shit what Duncan wrote.
    Those who listen and believe Duncan weren't going to become a Ron disciple anyway!
    Well actually Duncan interviewed Ron on Radio whatever last Friday around 4:41pm, too bad I was at work can't listen to Duncan's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
      Well actually Duncan interviewed Ron on Radio whatever last Friday around 4:41pm, too bad I was at work can't listen to Duncan's crap.
      You can listen to Duncan's crap any time you like.

Isn't technology amazing?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
        Classmate of mine listened to both the live version and the recorded one. He said that the recorded version is heavily edited to give a negative bias view towards property investors.

Comment

Besides, Remax... Duncan... really?

I guess Barfoot didn't take Duncan seriously and declined the interview.

Comment

Yeah Thanks BlueKiwi - let's have Duncan on here!

cheers,

donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
              Yeah Thanks BlueKiwi - let's have Duncan on here!

cheers,

donna
              I emailed Duncan and forwarded a link to this thread, but he hasn't taken up my offer.
              And he reads his emails as I annoy him from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                Besides, Remax... Duncan... really?

I guess Barfoot didn't take Duncan seriously and declined the interview.
                I really perk up when I see a Remax advertised property, great agency to buy from

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                  I really perk up when I see a Remax advertised property, great agency to buy from
                  I didn't know they undersell their properties!

Comment

The smaller agencies are great, especially when they try to do onsite auctions in the pouring rain with one week marketing.

The most hilarious auctions are when private sellers try to do it themselves without auctioneers.

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
                      The most hilarious auctions are when private sellers try to do it themselves without auctioneers.
                      Is that legal? Auctions are regulated are they not?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                        Is that legal? Auctions are regulated are they not?
                        It was a vendor who was extremely against spending any money on the sale or place and kept declining offers because it didn't reach his price. The auction failed of course and after eventually trying to go through a real estate agent the vendor took off to his home country and simply stopped paying the mortgage. This was in 2009.

Comment

Roy Fong hit the nail on the head about a lack of builders and carpenters in Auckland causing property prices to rise.
                          Duncan Garner hasn't got a lot of rationale happening in many of his debates and is often a representation of poor unbalanced journalism we have in New Zealand.
                          But if you compare how Colin Craig has been totally shafted by media ,the attack on Roy Fong is just another example of NZ being driven by media mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                            Roy Fong hit the nail on the head about a lack of builders and carpenters in Auckland causing property prices to rise.
                            Duncan Garner hasn't got a lot of rationale happening in many of his debates and is often a representation of poor unbalanced journalism we have in New Zealand.
                            But if you compare how Colin Craig has been totally shafted by media ,the attack on Roy Fong is just another example of NZ being driven by media mafia.
                            Step 1 from the council / govt is finally in play of getting more consents and lots underway, but they are way too late and it is too slow, they will bring down house prices - eventually.
                            But house prices are rising purely due to the attitude of council over the last 20 years where they deliberately try and nobble anyone trying to provide housing.
                            It is their culture and attitude that has made it so difficult to supply lots and / or build, where you have no idea what the outcome will be until you spend money and get something underway, and then they come along and ambush and crucify you on bullshit and small print just for the fun of it.
                            Who would volunteer for Russian Roulette with the council ?? Only fools and people who really know what they are doing and are on top of the game and have the cards stacked in their favour with mates and contacts and a network inside of council.

Step 2 is as you say, where are you going to find the builders, I am doing a renovation at the moment, every single trades person is really really busy, the kitchen guy is booked out and has enough business for the next 2 years. Alright to consent stuff which is looking good on Len's reporting back to GOVT, but you still have to build them, and when is that, 2015 - 2016 - 2017 before they catch up.

Step 3 is infrustructure and pipes in the ground, are the services there for all this housing, me thinks it is not all there, and who is going to build this and when are they going to build it.

I would say you could be confident in "Auckland" property for at least the next 2 to 3 years, maybe even longer.
                            As long as immigration is strong and supply is slow.
                            There will be a soft patch eventually when interest rates are very high and supply is coming on line, but when is that going to be ?????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                              Step 3 is infrustructure and pipes in the ground, are the services there for all this housing, me thinks it is not all there, and who is going to build this and when are they going to build it.
                              Who is going to fund it and how are they going to fund it?
                              This is at a time when everyone thinks development fees for development is a rort.

Comment

Who is going to fund it
                                The answer to this, as always, is the ratepayer and if the councils get their way, the taxpayer too.
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X