No announcement yet.

Duncan attacks Ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duncan Garner is trying to make a story.
    This cracked me up:
    He’s Chinese but was born in New Zealand.
    Is that an insult?

Comment

he has been on a crusade over house prices in Auckland for a while, but if he was selling he would take the highest offer wether it was from a Asian or a european or a horse, people need to move out of Auckland, there is virtually nobody in the south island

Comment

nobody who counts, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
          nobody who counts, at least.
          i can count........up to 10

Comment

You can count higher than that. Use ALL your toes.

Comment

I bet Duncan hasn't been in consultation with his legal council at Radio whatever. Maybe he got out of the same bed as Rachel Smalley.

Duncan should check what the consequences are for attacking or defaming Ron Hoy Fong, who is:
              1) Justice of Peace
              2) Queens Medal recipient

On the Chinese thing about Ron, Ron's granddad came to NZ in 1908, and Ron doesn't speak much Chinese at all.

Now when do you think Duncan's ancestors came to NZ? From Ireland/UK/Europe where ever. Why can Duncan call himself Kiwi (he must do), yet Ron can't?

PS: Leighton Smith is right about Duncan. I have been infrequently watching Duncan's news pieces ever since I came to NZ in 1996, and he was with TV3 (he has grown a lot of grey hair since), but unfortunately his career seems to be going downhill atm. No offense to RadioLive, but I only listen to NewsTalkZB.

Comment

Ah, yes, Newstalk ZB. Where they tell you what's coming on the news, then play some ads, then give the headlines, then play some ads. Followed by 3 mins of puddle-depth news, then more ads. Before launching into some ads and some crackpot caller who, as a sideline, collects cats.

Comment

Gary, in what way, exactly, has Ron been defamed? I'd barely call it 'attacked' even. It's a mild critique of the practices of serial investors - nothing more.

Comment

Gary, in what way, exactly, has Ron been defamed? I'd barely call it 'attacked' even. It's a mild critique of the practices of serial investors - nothing more.
                    Then use Sean Woods and Property Tutors as an example then, after all, trading is what they do. We buy and hold.

Oh wait, Sean is white and a kiwi, no we can't attack him, that won't sell stories.

Oh look, a Chinese guy on youtube, let's attack him then, I'm sure that will get me listeners.

I thought good journalism is being impartial and fair, but Duncan seems to have lost the plot.
                    Last edited by PTILoveYou; 04-04-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Yeah this story by Duncan Garner is rubbish.

Ah, yes, Newstalk ZB. Where they tell you what's coming on the news, then play some ads, then give the headlines, then play some ads. Followed by 3 mins of puddle-depth news, then more ads. Before launching into some ads and some crackpot caller who, as a sideline, collects cats.
                      I agree totally with that Leftette. I often try to listen to this station, but always turn it off after a few minutes because it's a bunch of ads with some content thrown in. Just checked again - ads are on...
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Yes the ads sometimes are annoying, but it's good to listen to ads from other property teaching companies to remind myself how fortunate I have been taught by Ron Hoy Fong.

Comment

It's only you who is saying Ron was picked b/c of his race. Who's to say Duncan didn't consider SW and PT?

You need to be a little less defensive.

It may be an unfair criticism (after all investors want a deal and often complain that it is they who cannot compete with owner/occupiers - I say so myself), but the nuances of buy & hold versus trader escapes the 1st time buyer. They don't care. They just see a professional outbid them. Duncan was aiming at that audience, I think.

Comment

I LOVE those 'talking heads' ads where two people discuss their property. There's always one ultra-smug bastard who's about to head off on ANOTHER overseas holiday to Disneyland, all because of this rental property, and the other guy's a loser for not jumping on the bandwagon before lunch time tomorrow.

Comment

Well if they want to attack the foreign Chinese buyers, use someone else as an example.

It doesn't matter what Duncan said about Ron, just mentioning Ron in the article leads viewer to connect or associate Ron with foreign (Chinese) buyers who are "pushing house prices up".

Comment

Working...
                              X