Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your biggest gripe as a Landlord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your biggest gripe as a Landlord?

My biggest gripe as a landlord is needing to remind the property manager to apply the yearly rent increase. For some reason I have to always remind them and usually that's after the year is up and then there's the 60 day notice to apply.

Do any of these examples your biggest gripe?

· Tenants who claim to have paid the rent, but haven’t.
    · Tenants who move pets into a property with no pets.
    · Tenants who sublet or fill the property with friends and family.
    · Tenants who don’t know what a rubbish bag is.
    · Real estate agents who claim XYZ (whatever XYZ is. It could be that the property will get $500 rent per week when in fact it’s more like $420).

cheers,

donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Commercial tenants who complain about outgoings (rates, insurance etc.) costs when you sent them a full list and cost of said outgoings prior to them signing the lease.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

The tricky little jobs that there are no obvious trademen to fix and the property manager is not sure who to get to fix, or a general handyman cant do.

Missing Knobs on ovens.
      Endless Weird Shit.

With 13 tenancies, even with a property manager, its really annoying.

Will be up to around 18 tenancies by 2017 / 2018 with some of the things I am doing.
      Not looking forward to the extra hassle.

Can see me culling some in a few years time for more peace and quiet.
      Wonder if the IRD will like that as a reason to sell down ?

Comment

my son (tenant) coming round to my house and drinking all my beer

Comment

The inability for the system to effectively hold judgement debtors to task.

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
            My biggest gripe as a landlord is needing to remind the property manager to apply the yearly rent increase. For some reason I have to always remind them and usually that's after the year is up and then there's the 60 day notice to apply.
            donna
            Hi Donna

I have also had this problem. I have three properties which I have bought in about 1 1/2 years and I rented them out myself to start with the decided I wanted to use a PM. When I asked about upping the rents he said the rent I was already getting was high. When I do my own research on TradeMe for rentals they are mid range rents and not asking too much at all. They all yeild over 11%-14% as got them for a very cheap price but want to get the most I can from them.

Would it be worth looking around for another PM?

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
              The inability for the system to effectively hold judgement debtors to task.
              Agreed. Drives me to distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwibean View Post
                Hi Donna

I have also had this problem. I have three properties which I have bought in about 1 1/2 years and I rented them out myself to start with the decided I wanted to use a PM. When I asked about upping the rents he said the rent I was already getting was high. When I do my own research on TradeMe for rentals they are mid range rents and not asking too much at all. They all yeild over 11%-14% as got them for a very cheap price but want to get the most I can from them.

Would it be worth looking around for another PM?
                If your houses are in reasonably good area's of Auckland, I know the best property manager by far, but you will have to PM me.

Comment

Hi Bluekiwi,

The properties are based in Porirua, Wellington

Comment

That my standard of reasonably clean, Is Rarely If ever met!
                    Written by one of the team at http://www.chasepropertymanagement.co.nz/

Comment

The 'clean thing' is one reason I don't do the PM myself.

cheers,

donna
                      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

too hard to be legally classed as "fair and impartial" when managing ones own properties.
                        Written by one of the team at http://www.chasepropertymanagement.co.nz/

Comment

I can't find the bags of money LLs are meant to have lying around...

Comment

The seemingly constant stream of maintenance requests - new kitchens and bathrooms are required every couple of years, it seems
                            DFTBA

Comment

Come on, maccachic, that's not the spirit at all! You should have said "I can't find the time to count all this money"

Comment

Working...
                              X