Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Time The Rest Of New Zealand Grew Some Balls !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Time The Rest Of New Zealand Grew Some Balls !

Do you think it is not about time fellow New Zealanders banded together, become staunch and stick up
    for your Canterbury brothers and sisters ? Grow some balls like our Australian cousins do so readily for one another ?

No doubt you all know the physiological torture many are going through with no end in sight.

Hold insurance companies to ransom or the government or something ?

United We Stand Divided We Fall - why does the average kiwi not get that but aussies do ?

Without wanting to put a hex on Auckland, I'd say it's because most Aucklanders couldn't give a stuff about what happens in the next street, let alone in a city south of the Bombays. That may not be a popular suggestion but I bet it's not far off. I tut tut during Campbell Live shows on Chch repairs (or lack of them) but that's where it pretty much starts and ends.

Comment

Isn't that what we do during election time? to Vote for people who we believe in?

Comment

What are you suggesting we do iwik?

Comment

Surely you could join my tut tutting during Campbell Live episodes deriding the Chch council and insurance companies, Wayne. For God's sake man, think of the children!

Comment

Hvaing driven around the ruined parts of Christchurch twice in the last couple of years, I tend to agree.

However you could argue that we Aucklanders are putting substantial money into the rebuild - both as taxpayers (where do you think the money that the Government is using to buy ruined properties is coming from?) and through large increases in our insurance premiums.

Comment

Good on you Leftette and Gary for having the guts to reply to the raw topic.

This topic is a microcosm of how most kiwis feel going by the lack of replies.

Snub the one part of New Zealand that would be there in a heartbeat to support you
              if the big one hit your area and wiped out your hard earned investments overnight.

Drop some money in a bucket to take solace that you have done your bit, money
              average cantab has never seen.

If this forum was any drier it could be renamed the Sahara.

All reeks of "I'm alright jack"

Comment

That's correct, flyer. There is no good actuarial/risk reason why my (no earthquake risk) Northland property should have increased premiums other than to re-feather the insurance company's nest. It makes me really rather angry.

Comment

Give it some time, iwik. Most action around here occurs between the hours of midday and 1pm NZ time, or late at night for some offshore posters who probably care even less (despite what they may say).

I'm not sure you're correct when you say "Snub the one part of New Zealand that would be there in a heartbeat to support you". I'm constantly surprised at the negative chip the average SI'er has on their collective shoulders when it comes to the NI, and specifically Auckland and her people.

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                    Hvaing driven around the ruined parts of Christchurch twice in the last couple of years, I tend to agree.

However you could argue that we Aucklanders are putting substantial money into the rebuild - both as taxpayers (where do you think the money that the Government is using to buy ruined properties is coming from?) and through large increases in our insurance premiums.
                    We are all carrying the brunt of increased insurance premiums - new flash news flash - we did not ask for the earthquakes.

Where has there been one protest by fellow New Zealanders outside of Canterbury in support that EQC/Government
                    is way out of line ?

Comment

Leftette that's a sterotype cantabs not liking Aucklanders, just like how Auckland comedians take shots at cantabs often,
                      like with rugby - we dig deep - without a doubt in my mind we would be there for you !

When I sad dry - I meant to PC, to worried how you all come across to one another, speak your mind and we might get some where.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      What are you suggesting we do iwik?
                      Protest on mass if you care ! Is it easier to give the "royal shaft" to four hundred thousand ? Or four million ?
                      Last edited by iwik; 20-03-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

But insurance is about targeted risk, iwik. If I drive a car that costs more to repair than another (of equal value), the premiums are higher. If my house is in a region with little-to-no quake risk, why should I pay more?

Comment

Originally posted by iwik View Post
                          We are all carrying the brunt of increased insurance premiums - new flash news flash - we did not ask for the earthquakes.

Where has there been one protest by fellow New Zealanders outside of Canterbury in support that EQC/Government
                          is way out of line ?
                          How many marches have you attended that were for Auckland issues? Plenty of people helped out when they first hit with gear, accommodation etc don't forget.
                          If you want marches plan them and they will come.

Comment

Protest on mass? You mean "en masse". Little chance of that happening when, apart from increased premiums, the quakes had ZERO effect on Aucklander's lives. It's that simple. I feel for you, I do. It sucks that people are still living in 3rd-world conditions so many years afterwards. I always thought it was embarrassing for the US Govt when Katrina laid waste to New Orleans that they didn't repair it (and still haven't). But now I kind of see why.

Comment

Originally posted by iwik View Post
                              Leftette that's a sterotype cantabs not liking Aucklanders, just like how Auckland comedians take shots at cantabs often,
                              like with rugby - we dig deep - without a doubt in my mind we would be there for you !
                              Do you really believe that?
                              Have you really brought into the 'cantabrians are special people who look after each other' hype that came out straight after the earthquakes?
                              I'm actually a Cantabrian and it made me cringe.
                              I think the same would have happened in any of the towns and cities of NZ.

Comment

Working...
                              X