Politics, Media and Colin Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friendly_prawn View Post
    Sure the Conservative party don't have everything perfect but for the first time in a very very long time I see a party or especially a leader that I trust and like..
    I think Colin Craig is genuine.. One of the reasons he got in to politics was he seen peoples life savings being poured down the toilet through these leaky homes and wanted to sort it..
    I like the guy and I haven't said that about a politician in along time.

I bet you cant name one party that has everything perfect.. You cant and will never be able too.. All you can do is to pick a party that has the best policies that suit your thoughts. I think some times we have to choose the lesser of all evils (for want of a better term)..

And lets face it what other party or politician is there that you can trust better? I cant think of one..
    No, you're correct, no party has everything perfect. I think most politicians get into politics for the right reasons but suspect that the harsh realities change their attitudes. As for trust... I can't say I'd really trust any politician completely. How can you really without even knowing them personally? He might be all over the leaky homes thing but I can't vote for him based on his prejudice against gays alone. It's bit too much like the anti-semetic propoganda of the 1930's for my liking. I'm sure the Nazi's would have sorted out leaky homes in a jiffy!!
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Funny you should say that Glizzie because NZ first / Winny would be my next choice if we didn't have The Conservative Party. :-)
      And as I said, who else are you going to vote for?
      I love NZ firsts idea of closing the doors on immigration. Look what's happening in England with their pc correct stance on immigrations. You now have Muslim extremists standing on the street corners shouting kill the white man. That's the thanks they give for being allowed entry.

I also love nz first and the conservative parties, stance on trying to stop the spread of all the racist and divisive stuff the Maori party have achieved while being in coalition with national.

Those are a couple of policies that are close to my heart so they do go somewhat towards helping me make up my mind. But I genuinely think The conservative party has no agenda other than helping NZ.. I don't think they'll sell NZ down the river just to be in parliament, unlike nearly every other party we have. I think the nats are screwing NZ big time, just to stay in power.. I don't think John Key cares one iota about NZ or what happens here. I believe he has an alternative reason for being in Government and I suspect that's he'll do whatever it takes to stay in power, with complete disregard to what damage he does to NZ..

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
        No, you're correct, no party has everything perfect. I think most politicians get into politics for the right reasons but suspect that the harsh realities change their attitudes. As for trust... I can't say I'd really trust any politician completely. How can you really without even knowing them personally? He might be all over the leaky homes thing but I can't vote for him based on his prejudice against gays alone. It's bit too much like the anti-semetic propoganda of the 1930's for my liking. I'm sure the Nazi's would have sorted out leaky homes in a jiffy!!
        I do agree with all you say Drelly, and I must admit to not having read his stance on gays. I doubt he is hating on gays? If he were I would rethink anything to do with them.. Is it just as I suspect he doesn't like the idea of gays getting Married? If that's all it is, then I could live with that..

And yes, its hard to trust totally, but I still think hes' the best option we have by far.. I immensely distrust nearly all the other parties.
        John Key is selling us out at a great rate of knots.. Labour will do the same if they get in. The Greens are looney. The Maori and Mana parties are in my humble opinon extremely racist. So who do we have left?

We are all not going to agree on what we like a party for and that's as it should be. It would be a funny world if we all thought the same wouldn't it?
        Last edited by friendly_prawn; 09-02-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

The Maori and Mana parties are in my humble opinon extremely racist. So who do we have left?
          I'd have said that NZ First is one of the more racist parties! He's anti-Asian but forgets there were Asian immigrants here in large numbers further back than most European NZers can trace their ancestors! I'd trust Key over Winston... the man that went on and on about how he didn't want the "baubles of office" and then accepted a position in cabinet! He's a soapbox politician who appeals to the people (mostly older) who don't want any social changes.

Comment

I semi agree. Winston does get carried away with his anti-Asian stance and I admit I don't like that about him.
            If Winston would only broaden his arisen a little in that area. Its all immigration that I think that needs to be seriously slowed down.
            But to say he is one of the more racist parties? Not by a long shot.
            The maori and mana parties are pushing for apartheid in NZ and I believe they have gone a long way towards achieving that.

Winston may have accepted a position in cabinet, but didn't he get the boot for not being prepared to change his stance on something??

Anyway, regardless, I trust him far more than I do John Key. I think John Keys nick name, "the smiling assassin" is well earned. I dislike and distrust John Key vehemently.

Comment

I think John Keys nick name, "the smiling assassin" is well earned. I dislike and distrust John Key vehemently.
              And yet you use your vote to help him to a 3rd term.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                And yet you use your vote to help him to a 3rd term.
                Yes and no speights boy.. If only it were that simple.

I think I hate Labour even more than key and the nats..

As much as I disklike John Key and what he is doing to NZ I dislike Labour even more..

could you imagine a Labour, Greens, Maori party coalition? I think that would be probably the worse possible scenario.

So please do tell, what choice do I now have????

I wont vote for national or labour or greens or maori or mana parties so Im running out of parties to vote for.. My only choice is oen of the smaller parties, and yes, I I'll probably have to accept whether I like it or not, they'll probably be in coaltion with the Nats, but again, what choice is there..

Unfortuantely a lot people think a vote for a smaller party is a wasted vote.. If all NZ thought like that we would be stuck with only Natioanl and Labour as our main parties.. But even then, its not that simple.. Now days its often the smaller party that is the tail that wags the dog..

A reason I think MMP needs to go..

So no I wont be voting for National to get in a 3rd term, im voting for one of the smaller parties, in hope they'll one day get big enough to kick the two main parties to the curb.. Until then unfortuanatelya by product of my voting is having to put up with the Nats getting in again.

But enough of my thoughts Speights boy and others.. Lets hear who you guys are voting for and why??? I have been open and honest about my thoughts and allowed my thoughts to be scrutinized. Lets hear your guys thoughts for a change..

Comment

ASK ME ANYTHING: Jamie Whyte

#11 by Veronica 6 days ago

As leader of Act, why do you not stand in a seat yourself? I suggest you leave David Seymour in Epsom and stand yourself wherever Colin Craig stands. That would put a lot more party votes Act's way.
                  by Jamie Whyte (verified) 5 days ago in reply to Veronica

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see how that might work in our favour. I'll consider it.
                  The National Business Review Online is New Zealand's authority in breaking business news and analysis.
                  Last edited by speights boy; 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

A reason I think MMP needs to go..
                    I certainly agree that the one electoral seat rule should go.
                    As outlined in John Armstrong's piece in post # 18.

If however, a party has gathered a 5% support level, I think they should be represented.

Comment

Has anyone asked Colin Craig where he was today ?

Comment

Well if that is John's new coalition partner, he does look very very happy lol

Comment

I think Key has been pretty straight about everything but more recently, I get the impression he has become over confident - it turned to custard a bit over Kim Dotcom!

Comment

Leftette

Lush's questions were in the order of "when did you stop hitting your wife"? He was set up and taken advantage of.

Re your #6
                            Insane. I guess you also believe there is a "cure" for homosexuality too.
                            what causes Homosexuality? Nurture or nature? Perhaps we should understand this basic question before redefining our norms?

If there is a 'cause' then there is a cure? or do we not look for one?

Comment

You can cure homosexuality, the same way we think we can cure murderers. Just ask Nigeria .

Comment

Cure Homosexuality - interesting idea.
                                Define Cure - relieve (a person or animal) of the symptoms of a disease.
                                So you would have to decide 1st if it was a disease.
                                Does it need 'curing'. Maybe Hetrosexuality needs 'curing'.
                                Maybe being monogamous needs 'curing', after all most animals aren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X