Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheists will outnumber Religious within a few years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheists will outnumber Religious within a few years?

The number of people who say they have no religion has increased by 26% since 2006.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Well one can only hope.

Boggles my mind that in 2013 we still believe in mysticism.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

THe number of CHristians has quadrupled in the last 100 years globally, current around 2.1 billion. This has nothing at all to do with mysticism but it shows that truth eventually wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
        Well one can only hope. Boggles my mind that in 2013 we still believe in mysticism.
        Yeah, look at Richmastery!

Originally posted by Memphis Turnkey Property View Post
        THe number of CHristians has quadrupled in the last 100 years globally, current around 2.1 billion. This has nothing at all to do with mysticism but it shows that truth eventually wins.
        Using the same thinking that leads people to religion in the first place, perhaps. Faith does not make something true. World population has also increased four times in the last hundred years. And, ask yourself where these Christians have come from... I'd hazard a guess that they're mostly uneducated people in poor, developing countries.
        Last edited by drelly; 11-12-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry I meant to say the PERCENTAGE has quadrupled not the volume!

In case you're actually interested.........

Comment

And so yep, apart from the US, Drelly is right, they're all very poor, uneducated countries. With the exception of Germany (they still feel bad about the war ).

But hold on, this looks like BS. The percentage of people in the US who are Christians stated as 79.5%? 4 out of 5? I don't think so.

Adn the total is 2 billion out of 7 billion. So that's 28% of the population. So how does the argument of the truth shining through work?

Oh and the world's population has increased 7 fold in the last hundred years. Not quarupled. It's doubled since the 70s. It can't keep going like this...
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Sorry I meant to say the PERCENTAGE has quadrupled not the volume!
              It looks like this info is your source, so it was numbers, not percentage.
              The number of Christians in the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, but they comprise about the same share (32%) of the population.

It seems that as countries develop and become more advanced, the number of Christians drops. I do find it a concern that the US Presidents all call on God every time they invade someone else's country.
              Although Europe and the Americas still are home to a majority of the world’s Christians (63%), that share is much lower than it was in 1910 (93%). And the proportion of Europeans and Americans who are Christian has dropped from 95% in 1910 to 76% in 2010 in Europe as a whole, and from 96% to 86% in the Americas as a whole.
              I don't suppose you care to defend this speech?

Comment

And in the beginning man created God.
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Guys, now there will be just some glib statement about faith or some such...

You can't win this argument. It's like arguing with a fencepost.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Amen Davo, exactly. It's amazing how people can have so much faith in nothing to be athiests. Unbelievable :-)

Comment

Amen Davo, exactly. It's amazing how people can have so much faith in nothing to be athiests. Unbelievable :-)
                      I'm amazed that so many people can have so much faith in something that is demonstrably false.

Comment

I don't get why non believers get a term (athiests) I don't believe in Unicorns, fairys etc yet there is no name for that??

Comment

You don't believe in Unicorns? What sort of sicko are you?

Comment

Drelly you Unicorniclast! You Fairyfoe!

Memphis, keep drinking the kool aid mate.
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

And I'll get back to my philandering.

Comment

Working...
                              X