No announcement yet.

So, Len "2-minute" Brown's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, it's utopia, but that doesn't mean the mayor can out his meat & veg under his table and "feed the chooks" whilst on the phone to his bit on the side, and expect it to be all forgotten because we've become so jaded we no longer expect even reasonable behaviour. He's a laughing stock. What do you think people will be thinking each time he shakes the hand of some dignitary? Or your hand on the street? No thank you.

Comment

It really doesn't phase me I'm sorry. your living in a hole if you think not even a hand full of PM's are doing this. I don't vote for him, if you did you should feel aggrieved but remember alot of people just don't care, the fact you work for the council is the nail in the coffin not the fact after.

Comment

The affair itself doesn't phase me either, in terms of him being mayor, Glizzle, although I find it morally appalling. It's the public time and the public premises that annoys me most. We've yet to hear if the costs associated were on the public dime.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
          Define work hours for a Mayor.
          Given his new nick name, it's not having a major impact on his working hours.....

Comment

I'm not sure if I prefer Len 2-min Brown or 4/10Len.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
              It's the public time and the public premises that annoys me most. We've yet to hear if the costs associated were on the public dime.
              Oh does it matter ? I would be more concerned in actual matters related to running the city, like water care, rates and the increases in alot of council workers pay rates. would it differ if he was porking his wife on the clock? your argument would deem it so. when chances are all workers waste time period.

Comment

Of course it matters. He's a liar. Yes, shagging the Mrs on the public clock would be a sackable offence for anyone else. Why not him? Wasting time in general is not a reasonable comparison.

Comment

Speaking of Mayors.
                  I see the decision as to whether John Banks will proceed to trial is due today.

Comment

WEll the thing for me is that I already think he's been a terrible mayor. Who here knows that council debt has doubled in 3 years from $3 billion to $6 billion?

Or what he's got planned for the next 3 years debt-wise?

And then it turns out he's shagging 25 year olds in council offices. Well he's making a fool out of all of us isn't he? The arrogance.
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

People here are talking about sackable offenses.
                      Shagging the Mrs on company time - get a good talking to I expect. Unless there is more to it I wouldn't think this would warrent instant dismissal.
                      What is 'company time' for a Mayor? I didn't realise he was on an hourly rate?
                      He didn't run for office on a platform of being squeaky clean or a puritan.
                      I would think the only arguement against him would be that he showed poor judgement (and he got caught).

If we were in France or Italy there would be an outcry if he didn't do it.

Comment

Wayne.
                        What are your answers to the two questions in post #13 ?

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                          If the role was reversed and the Mayor had discovered a security guard having sex in the Ngati Whatua room at the Town Hall.

1. What employment action do you think the Mayor would have taken?
                          2. What employment action do you think the Mayor should have taken?
                          What could he do? He would have to follow employmnt law. Give the person a talking to, note on the file, warning etc.
                          Probably isn't an offence that warrants instant dismissal.
                          Employment law isn't my forte and seems very messy from the cases I have read.

Comment

20% of Auckland voted, that's how much they care.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                              If we were in France or Italy there would be an outcry if he didn't do it.
                              Boris Johnson has had at least 5 affairs since he became Mayor of London, one one bats an eyelid, however, none of the parties have yet to detail the in and outs in public.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                                however, none of the parties have yet to detail the in and outs in public.
                                does it matter?
                                Mitterrand was 5 minutes including shower and no one cared.

Comment

Working...
                                X