Why are people unaware of RTM homes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people unaware of RTM homes?

RTM Homes are a great stuff to live in . They are basically mobile homes which are bungalow style homes. More durable than modular homes.
    Just wondering why people doesn't have any clue about these types of homes.

When I googled RTM only a Canadian company came up straight away.
    In 1994 I purchased a complete house, delivered on a truck, from small outfit at Mt Maunganui, and was happy with the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by elisten View Post
      RTM Homes are a great stuff to live in . They are basically mobile homes which are bungalow style homes. More durable than modular homes.
      You'll have to be more specific. In NZ for instance, I could point you
      to plenty of Ready To Move houses you wouldn't like to live in, not
      without a lot of work first.
      Could also point to "modular" homes at the top end of the durability scale.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitibeanman View Post
        You'll have to be more specific. In NZ for instance, I could point you
        to plenty of Ready To Move houses you wouldn't like to live in, not
        without a lot of work first.
        Could also point to "modular" homes at the top end of the durability scale.
        I read on google, that modular homes don't have that much durability than RTM homes.

Comment

I think we may be at cross purposes here.
          What do you mean by an RTM home?

Comment

Originally posted by kapitibeanman View Post
            I think we may be at cross purposes here.
            What do you mean by an RTM home?
            RTM homes are ready to move homes. They are bigger than mobile homes.
            They come in various sizes and designs
            This will give you a better idea about RTM homes

Comment

RTM homes are built using quality materials and incorporating the latest advances in design & technology. These homes have a limited number of floor plans as compare to modular homes. We have built RTM homes since 1980 when I was a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Veethim View Post
                RTM homes are built using quality materials and incorporating the latest advances in design & technology. These homes have a limited number of floor plans as compare to modular homes. We have built RTM homes since 1980 when I was a child.
                We don't really have what you might call an RTM market in New Zealand, not one that you would recognize as such in the USA or Canada. We are more up to speed on modular homes, assembled on site, but most of our domestic builds are wooden and did not even have factory constructed frames until not very long ago.

Comment

Modular homes in NZ

Originally posted by Mikevali
                  RTM Homes are a great stuff to live in .
                  They are basically mobile homes style homes. More durable than modular homes.

Just wondering .
                  I can understand that if an RTM is robust enough to be trucked in assembled condition, it
                  has to be strong. At least some modular homes proved to be very strong in the Christchurch NZ
                  earthquake, so in that sense at least they were durable, I never heard how any RTMs got on.
                  Perhaps someone can enlighten us.

Comment

Originally posted by elisten View Post
                    I don't think people are unaware of RTM homes, but the thing is that people don't trust this technology as of now. With a time people it will become more common and I believe RTM is the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X