Property ladder: I'll be retired by 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaltNZ View Post
    . AND NOTICE I DONT LOOK TO EXPLOIT THE HOUSING STOCK THAT I BELIEVE RIGHTLY AND ETHICALLY BELONGS TO THOSE THAT WORK, AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE PRODUCTIVITY OF SOCIETY AND HAVE FAMILY'S.... AND ARE GOOD K1W1'S
    Apart from Christchurch residents it appears.
    If you were to move here, you got a choice of either living next to pompass School Zone obsessed rich scum.. or the other option is half baked, geriatrics , derelicts and morons ...

Comment

But I have ethics ....... (Look up the meaning of it )
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct.[1] The term comes from the Greek word ethos, which means "character". Ethics is a complement to Aesthetics in the philosophy field of Axiology. In philosophy, ethics studies the moral behavior in humans and how one should act.
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      According to Dr. Richard Paul and Dr. Linda Elder of the Foundation for Critical Thinking, "most people confuse ethics with behaving in accordance with social conventions, religious beliefs and the law", and don't treat ethics as a stand-alone concept.[2] Paul and Elder define ethics as "a set of concepts and principles that guide us in determining what behavior helps or harms sentient creatures".[2] The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy states that the word ethics is "commonly used interchangeably with 'morality' ... and sometimes it is used more narrowly to mean the moral principles of a particular tradition, group or individual."[3]
      The general meaning of ethics: rational, optimal (regarded as the best solution of the given options) and appropriate decision brought on the basis of common sense. This does not exclude the possibility of destruction if it is necessary and if it does not take place as the result of intentional malice. If, for example, there is the threat of physical conflict and one has no other solution, it is acceptable to cause the necessary extent of injury, out of self-defence. Thus ethics does not provide rules like morals but it can be used as a means to determine moral values (attitudes or behaviours giving priority to social values, e.g. ethics or morals).[citation needed]

Perhaps you mean morals?

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
        But these properties will have that potential priced into them. I can't see how the cashflow is anything other than marginally better unless your not counting the cost of the build.
        Thanks Charlotte, you have summed it up exactly. Most places (and I'm not including Auckland here) dont have properties that cost more because they are subdividable. So the cost really is just the subdivision - around the 35 to 40k mark, and then add on the build cost. You get two rent streams, positive cashflow, and huge equity gains - whats not to like?? Also there are some place where you can still build two houses on one title and save the cost of funding the subdivision, along with rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
          Where are you buying sub-divisible property that is cashflow positive? I've looked at this approach a number of times, but never once seen one where the numbers worked. The properties have always sold at a premium price that made any development very marginal indeed.

Mine are in Ashburton - lots of places it doesnt work, as Charlotte said, find a market and get it know it very well, and you can find the deals - might I again suggest looking outside of Auckland though.

Comment

• So whats your point......? is it that im a hard working balanced ethical individual that believes everyone deserves a fair chance with out creating monopolies of sectors that should be only reserved as one of the most important needs a person/s families as an essential to survival, being Shelter... Which you are exploiting

Originally posted by ScottSI View Post
            WaltNZ - From your – NZ Housing Priorities Backwards Post

Sic “Im a Sparky and work in Ch Ch .. been doing it for 15 years and I havt had a pay rise in 10 years... EVEN WITH THE EARTHQUAKE (luckelly for my secondary online business )”

And working for someone else sounds like it is working for you too????

Also until you understand it is not about being rich, it is about creating financial security through income (business, share, property, funds etc) earned from other sources you will stay working for others sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
              [/SUP]

Perhaps you mean morals?
              Err I think you missed the point... it was supposed to be reverse psychology ....

Comment

• I hope the market crashes and you all fail

Comment

I hope the market crashes and you all fail
                  I think the opposite will occur. Good luck to you mr negative.

Comment

Why are you here Waltnz? Clearly we are all annoying you - Green envy perhaps
                    PS Green as in dollar not ecological

Comment

• no hint of bitterness then Walt, that's the spirit!
                      Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Quiz: How well do you know Springfield's most lovable pathetic loser,

Comment

• You are the same opulent trash that complained after the first crash.. Well do i have some news for you... Theres another crash coming and your all going down..... again....

Why, US attacks Syria, Stuff oil trade, cause economic meltdown ... your houses and your money worth nothing

Ill check back here in another 6 months ... Id doubt you will be so cocky

Comment

You are the same opulent trash that complained after the first crash.. Well do i have some news for you... Theres another crash coming and your all going down..... again....

Why, US attacks Syria, Stuff oil trade, cause economic meltdown ... your houses and your money worth nothing

Bye. See you in 5 years.

Comment

Theres another crash coming and your all going down..... again....

Umm - Walt bad news for you I've been through two property busts and still have my houses. I dont give a rats arse how much they drop. A lot of us here are in for the long haul that means keeping the houses not selling them. How much they are worth is of no interest unless you are selling them.

Comment

• Forget the golden rule, never put all your eggs in the same basket, common sense that evades the most astute investors.

If the shit goes down , I have a solar powered house, organic garden, log burner for heat, fresh water stream, horses

wHen it go down , you got urban chaos

Comment

Working...
                                X