Martin Jet Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Jet Pack

Traffic gridlock after Wellington earthquake ?
    Coming to a capital near you !

Jetpack firm ready for IPO blast-off

www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9031815/Jetpack-firm-ready-for-IPO-blast-off

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
    Traffic gridlock after Wellington earthquake ?
    Coming to a capital near you !

Jetpack firm ready for IPO blast-off
    I am so going to sell a rental and buy one of those! LOL
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Yeah unfortunately those things will never get off the ground (boom boom).

The latest version flies slower and for less time than the previous one and they're calling it a huge step forward.

They have a number of problems such as what happens when things go wrong at say 200 feet? You die because the parachute can't deploy fast enough.

Or what happens if a blade craps out and flies through the side of one of the fans?

And so on.

They just bring out these press releases every so often to get more money.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It as a similar logo to Aston Martin - that can't be allowed!

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
          Yeah unfortunately those things will never get off the ground (boom boom).
          They started off as a strap-on jet pack which had some appeal.
          But this looks like an aircraft that you climb on to.
          Why not have a small one-man helicoptor?

Comment

Why not have a small one-man helicoptor?
            Well I guess those have already been invented, so Martin can't build one of those and stand out?

Helicopters are actually much safer because if the engine fails or something, you can still glide down to the ground using autorotation - the blades keep spinning for ages under their own momentum.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Is it momentum that spins those blades? Can't see it. However, there's an idea for Martins.
              Collapsed blades that spring out at the first sign of trouble, as long as you're not upside down
              or have the parachute deployed.
              The remote controlled version could be very useful anyway.
              Would I be game to fly one? Yes, if they'd let me.

Comment

That is true Davo, but helicopters still have avoid curves.

An engine failure in the shaded regions is unlikely to allow a successful autorotation.
                That is why - if possible- they accelerate quickly after lift off prior to gaining altitude.
                Not always possible of course.

Comment

Interesting graphic Speightsy.

I forgot you were (are?) an airman.

That's quite scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    Well I guess those have already been invented, so Martin can't build one of those and stand out?

Helicopters are actually much safer because if the engine fails or something, you can still glide down to the ground using autorotation - the blades keep spinning for ages under their own momentum.
                    So that's the fundamental flaw that the Martin can't overcome.
                    I guess if it was possible to build then someone would have done it by now - possibly the US military.
                    The way drones have developed there is no need for the Martin one-man jet pack these days.
                    I wonder what the investors expect to make?

Comment

A large hole in their pocket.

Comment

lol

So what will our reaction be next year when this happens?
                        Martin Aircraft Company is readying for an IPO blast-off.
                        The Christchurch-based company said that a public listing could take place early next year as it revealed new details of its latest jetpack design.

Comment

I shall be watching from afar
                          and keeping my money close.

Comment

I guess if it was possible to build then someone would have done it by now - possibly the US military.
                            Yep they have been trying since the '50s to do it. Spent tens of millions on it. No luck.

So what will our reaction be next year when this happens?
                            Martin Aircraft Company is readying for an IPO blast-off.
                            The Christchurch-based company said that a public listing could take place early next year as it revealed new details of its latest jetpack design.

Won't happen. He's just looking for more money right now. it goes like this:
                            int cash = $10,000.00;
                            int InvestorTolerance = 20;

For (int i=0; i<InvestorTolerance; i++) {
                            // Do some work on prototype
                            cash -= $2,000,000.00

// Say to media, world etc. that it's coming along great but you need a bit more money and a bit more time
                            // Perhaps hold a few dinner, lunches, press conferences etc.
                            cash -= $50,000.00

// This produces some more investor funds
                            cash += $1,000,000.00

// Pay overdraft. Tell bank everything is fine, you'll be doing your IPO soon, so the overdraft will be
                            // repaid with interest very shortly
                            cash -= $50,000.00

// Woohoo! we survived another round!
                            // Hold a party and say to ourselves "We're geniuses! What a wonderful life we have."
                            // Pay yourself and your staff a nice big salary.
                            cash -= $1,000,000.00

}

// If we get to here then investor tolerance has run out...
                            // Assure public, media that you had solved all the problems and were just getting together the final product
                            // for which you have heaps of orders but you just ran out of money and time! Dammit if only there was a way...
                            // Move operation to Tonga where they will bet on anything!

Tune in, in 6-12 months for another round!
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Interesting formula.
                              All your own work?

Comment

Working...
                              X