Neighbour VS Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artemis View Post
    If you only recently purchased, can you contact the vendors and ask if this is new or a pattern of behaviour.
    Excellent suggestion. Must remember that one.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
      If you only recently purchased, can you contact the vendors and ask if this is new or a pattern of behaviour.
      Good suggestion. Didn't actually think of this.

I did purchase recently earlier this year. Owners aren't difficult to contact as I still have their contact details in my phone and the house was a rental prior to me buyer. So I'll give them a call tomorrow morning, excellent suggestion Artemis !

Comment

Originally posted by revdev View Post
        PT's Eastern Outpost!
        ... snip ...
        If they pay the rent on time and pass all inspections, back your tenants.

Originally posted by revdev View Post
        PT's Eastern Outpost!
        @ props4u, I tried to read your post but it was like trying to decipher the pattern on the Technicolour Dreamcoat!

fyi ... here are two irrefutable facts

NO ONE has the right to disturb neighbours with noise ... which is why “noise control” exists
        AND
        EVERY ONE has the right to peacefully enjoy their property ... which is why “noise control” exists

and yet you advocate supporting and backing inconsiderate noisy 18-21’s ?

perhaps you are one of those meme, vroom vroom, boom boom car owners one comes across in auckland?

it would be cool to see you when you are elderly and watch you eat your words

should you find the above too hard to decipher, you are encouraged to ask for help ... thankfully, the majority here would be able to help you out !
        Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
        Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
        May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by props4u View Post

NO ONE has the right to disturb neighbours with noise ... which is why “noise control” exists
          AND
          EVERY ONE has the right to peacefully enjoy their property ... which is why “noise control” exists

But is it a fact that the 18-21 year olds are noisy and inconsiderate? Nothing has been channelled through noise control so it is all hearsay. Do you consider them guilty based on the testimony of one neighbour?

Comment

should you find the above too hard to decipher, you are encouraged to ask for help
            I find that highlighting the text (ready for cut and paste) tends to make all text uniform in colour.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

you would think the old people would be deaf and wouldn't hear any noise, i suspect that once those noisy young people move out the fogeys will continue on doing exactly the same thing until you move someone they approve of in, someone more like them, i suggest that you offer to sell them the house so they can control what happens there and if they cant afford it on the pension tell them to %#@& off

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                you would think the old people would be deaf and wouldn't hear any noise, i suspect that once those noisy young people move out the fogeys will continue on doing exactly the same thing until you move someone they approve of in, someone more like them, i suggest that you offer to sell them the house so they can control what happens there and if they cant afford it on the pension tell them to %#@& off
                Ha Ha! Let the good times roll.

Given a little time, this could be cranked up to WW3.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                  I find that highlighting the text (ready for cut and paste) tends to make all text uniform in colour.
                  No excuses now RevDev. You've been given the solution.

Now all you have to do is read what's being said.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                    true to form Keys, always there helpin out with words of wisdom ... i too have sometimes used this method ... and having said that it has just occured to me revdev may have a point, silly me, some people are colour blind

talking of which and with colour blindness, is it just one colour or several colours which may be impaired at same time? ... and another question, is it the same colour(s) impaired or different for different people ... i have no idea! ... maybe someone could shed some light on this?
                    Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                    Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                    May 2012

Comment

true to form Keys, always there helpin out with words of wisdom ... i too have sometimes used this method ... and having said that it has just occured to me revdev may have a point, silly me, some people are colour blind
                      on second thoughts ... i may be wrong again ... for post he objected to, i had used 3 colours only, red, black and blue ... it is doubtful revdev is colour blind, not with his chosen avatar of motley red and black, then again what about the blue colour? ... the million dollar question, is revdev colour blind with blue colour? ... nah,,, can't be if this website is mostly in blue ... cant figure it out, i give up! ... end of story!
                      May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by td91 View Post
                        ... snip ...
                        other neighbours in surrounding houses who have said they keep the noise down most nights and if it is up loud it is only on weekends and not during ridiculous times.

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
                        But is it a fact that the 18-21 year olds are noisy and inconsiderate? Nothing has been channelled through noise control so it is all hearsay. Do you consider them guilty based on the testimony of one neighbour?
                        DazRaz, based on OP statement,
                        “I've asked other neighbours in surrounding houses who have said they keep the noise down most nights and if it is up loud it is only on weekends and not during ridiculous times.”

you may find following enlightening ... with multiple choice examples you could try answering

and starting with your question But is it a fact that the 18-21 year olds are noisy and inconsiderate?”

other neighbours have said Mr Zee keeps noise down most nights
                        1. Mr Zee is never noisy
                        2. Mr Zee is noisy
                        3. Mr Zee is noisy on some nights

answer is ?

other neighbours have said when Mr Zee is noisy it is only during weekends
                        1. Mr Zee is never noisy
                        2. Mr Zee is noisy
                        3. Mr Zee is noisy during weekends

answer is ?

what does “during weekends” mean?
                        1. Mr Zee was noisy once only for one weekend only
                        2. Mr Zee was noisy more than once, on several weekends

answer is ?

when noise from Mr Zee is weekend after weekend especially having been told of it, is he considerate or inconsiderate?
                        1. Mr Zee is considerate
                        2. Mr Zee is inconsiderate

answer is ?

is Mr Zee mindful and respectful of neighbour’s rights to peacefully enjoy their property?
                        1. Mr Zee is considerate and respectful of neighbours rights
                        2. Mr Zee is inconsiderate and disrespectful of others rights

answer is ?

for your assertion, “Nothing has been channelled through noise control so it is all hearsay.”
                        let us for example, take the analogy of a rape victim who for whatever reasons failed to report it to police at time of rape ... does that make it hearsay? ... i’d say a rape is rape and persistent noise abuse is noise abuse, not hearsay!

for your question “Do you consider them guilty based on the testimony of one neighbour?”
                        1. 0 neighbours said Mr Zee is noisy
                        2. 1 neighbour said Mr Zee is noisy (immediate neighbour)
                        3. 2+ neighbours said Mr Zee is noisy, the immediate, PLUS “other neighbours”

answer is ?

i could go on and on ... but its fast becoming boring

you know the old saying ... one can lead a horse to water but ................ and id prefer to think youre not that horse
                        May 2012

Comment

You have obviously never lived next to a jerk.

As for the rest, tl;dr

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
                            You have obviously never lived next to a jerk.

As for the rest, tl;dr
                            quite the contrary ... i most certainly do know what its like to have worse than jerks, turbides next door ... but that doesnt give me right or liberty to classify people as turbides based on generalisations

evidently and as your post indicates, you’ve had a bad experience with some jerk next door and i can sympathise ... by all means shed some light and tell us of your experience so we too can learn from it

but that doesn’t give you the right to indiscriminately label all elderly people as jerks just because of your bad experience ... not all elderly people are jerks!

I’m not suggesting OP’s elderly complainant is not a jerk ... i don’t know if he is or not ... but do know from OP’s posts that said complainant has in the past and prior to OP’s purchase suffered and had been subjected to string of poorly behaving tenants as neighbours ... to me it sounds like this complainant has reached the end of his tether and is sick of inconsiderate tenants as neighbours and has been driven into sourcing OP’s contact details ... is this how to treat elderly people?

this forum is promulgated as helpful forum, i learnt much from it myself ... OP sought help with an issue but was instead repeatedly misinformed with less than desirable unsubstantiated assumptions or generalisations ... such misinformation could bring this forum into disrepute if left unchecked or not balanced out

i challenged your statements which were falsely cloaked with a nuance of "fact" ... instead of taking responsibility for your statements and acknowledging error, you give me a purile tl:dr which means “to long, didnt read”

what i’m concerned most about is that for someone seeking help with an issue, i’d like to provide them with best possible help NOT bull manure

i’m not here for a good time or for personal glory nor to rack up my number of posts, don’t have time for that and if i wanted a good time i’d be elsewhere ... i’m here to learn and to help others learn if possible and the last thing i want is for them to be fed with cringing bull manure!
                            May 2012

Comment

AND

perhaps you are one of those meme, vroom vroom, boom boom car owners one comes across in auckland?

it would be cool to see you when you are elderly and watch you eat your words

should you find the above too hard to decipher, you are encouraged to ask for help ... thankfully, the majority here would be able to help you out !
                              Noise control does indeed exist well done, but the neighbours choose not to use it, more fool them as that's what it's there for.
                              No, unfortunately for me I don't live in Auckland, just a tad further away.
                              I'll have to ask my 3 year old what a vroom vroom, boom boom car is (her kind of language) but thanks for the heads up.
                              Last edited by revdev; 29-07-2013, 01:14 AM.
                              Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

on second thoughts ... i may be wrong again ... for post he objected to, i had used 3 colours only, red, black and blue ... it is doubtful revdev is colour blind, not with his chosen avatar of motley red and black, then again what about the blue colour? ... the million dollar question, is revdev colour blind with blue colour? ... nah,,, can't be if this website is mostly in blue ... cant figure it out, i give up! ... end of story!
                                No problem, if I need any advice on how to construct a Blue Peter sentence, I'll know where to go.
                                Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Working...
                                X