Tenants possesions in photos for flat to rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenants possesions in photos for flat to rent

We recently put an ad in trade me for our flat using pics I took some months ago.
    Three days later our tenant asked to have them withdrawn as it is illegal to show her possessions without her permission.
    We had already had lots of response fortunately.
    I took them off and replaced them with some older photos.
    That was certainly a ''first'' for us

Only just realized I was repeating what has been discussed in an earlier discussion--apologies,but I suppose its not a bad thing for this issue to be brought up in bold print.

Comment

They (your tenant) may have seen that discussion
      Last edited by Maccachic; 26-02-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I have a set of photos for each property, taken on a nice sunny day when it is vacant between tenancies , clean and tidy exterior and interior, that I can use again and again when advertising a particular tenancy.

Comment

I've had this issue as well. We basically came to an agreement where nothing of value was in the pics, and I mixed in a few pics that I had from when the place was advertised for sale.

Comment

Good idea Davtan. I have thought about doing that with the other flat I have which is tenanted.
            Apparently the tenant in question had some burglary problems in the past,so I guess fair enough.
            Im not complaining about her doing this -just good to know.

Comment

Hey Skid check this out http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...16968&topic=21

Comment

Here's an idea... take photos just before they move out and then use them for when the next tenant moves out. That way the burglars will think they're stealing the last person's TV
                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

I usually just post the photos I took when it was renovated before, even 3 years back, and so I don't need to take current photos.

Comment

Just take pictures when the property is clean and vacant. From the point of a past tenant I understand that she would not want her personal belongings to be exposed publicly. Also, I prefer to advertise a property unfurnished, so it won't be any deception for future tenants.

Comment

Don't know why the tenant would be so worried it's just furniture. But to prevent the PC tenant complaining, next time you get the place vacant take some nice photos, get a decent amount of shots and just save them. Update them every 2-3 years or whenever you change carpets, curtains, colour schemes etc. That way no one can complain.

When you take the photos my trick is always to do the thing I learnt from agent a while ago, switch on interior lights, any net curtains should be taken down for the photos of the inside, and wind the blinds just a tip to make the place look like its been professionally photographed.

Comment

Thanks guys ==ill take photos when its empty--Her stuff made it look really nice but thats the breaks.

Comment

I'd ask nicely and perhaps a bit of bribery. Property photos look better with furniture and if she has good stuff...

Comment

I don't even know what the problem is, as long as personal photographs and people aren't shown in the photos, why would anyone care if photos of their furniture are being used

Comment

Working...
                            X