Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy land + relocatable house vs buying a package

Hi,

I have been trying to buy a house in Auckland's North Shore but have found it very challenging as the house prices are so high. So, I am looking into buying a section and placing a relocatable house (villa) on it.
    Is anybody aware of the overall costs of setting up the section (electricity,power, water, sewage,phone, permits, etc)?
    What complications can we expect?
    Has anybody experienced this before? What were the estimated prices for the above....and more?
    Thank you in advance

This topic has come up a few times
    /forum/showthread.php?30997-House-Relocations&highlight=transportable+house+costs

Somewhere there is an old thread where someone lays it out pretty well, but I cant find it anymore. I am in the same boat right now as we are about to put a Villa or Bungalow on a section. I have been doing the costings and I would be happy to share them with you as well as where I got the numbers from.

Comment

Thanks frost for sharing the previous thread. Seems that the part where that person laid down all the costings cannot be found anymore. It would be great if you could share with us your personal findings since you are personally going through the process right now. A mobile villa is a really good idea and can really save you on many additional costs should you want to move out in the future.

Comment

Mobile Villa - tell me more!

Comment

Comment

I think buying a land and building a mobile house/villa on it is definitely cheaper than buying a ready-made package. Furthermore, it is custom-made so you can have the house designed totally according to your personal tastes. And since it is relocatable, you can have the entire house shifted altogether should you need to move out again in the future. That will definitely save a lot more additional costs!

Comment

Ezyline Homes in Mt Maunganui web site really is full of no nonsense information including prices.

Comment

Working...
              X