Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg King's death - strange.

Hi All,

Greg King's death seems strange to me. He was strong enough to defend the hardest of Criminals and committed to ensuring a fair trial for all etc yet if he did take his own life like it's been indicated so far in the Press, he was apparently not strong enough to deal with some news about his health. That does seem strange to me and not consistent. Even if he was told he had weeks to live - it still seems strange that he'd give up those weeks with his wife and children and also as he was so committed to his work - it does seen strange that he'd also leave that in the way he has too.

I can't be the only one thinking this is all a bit weird.

Cheers,

Donna
    Last edited by donna; 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM.
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

He probably felt shit after letting {Ewan MacDonald off the murder of} Scott Guy. I can't imagine you'd feel like you'd achieved anything worthwhile there!
    Last edited by donna; 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM. Reason: put the accused name
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Hey Donna, you're not going to join Keiran in conspiracy corner are you

People can be externally strong, but internally a mess; If he did take his own life (and I hadn't even seen that suggested in the news) who knows what he was dealing with of which the health news was the last straw?
      DFTBA

Comment

Two articles mention suspected suicide here is one

The other article was in yesterday's SST.
        Last edited by donna; 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
          Hi All,

Greg King's dead seems strange to me. He was strong enough to defend the hardest of Criminals and committed to ensuring a fair trial for all etc yet if he did take his own life like it's been indicated so far in the Press, he was apparently not strong enough to deal with some news about his health. That does seem strange to me and not consistent. Even if he was told he had weeks to live - it still seems strange that he'd give up those weeks with his wife and children and also as he was so committed to his work - it does seen strange that he'd also leave that in the way he has too.

I can't be the only one thinking this is all a bit weird.

Cheers,

Donna
          A good question, Donna.
          I think there are two different aspects here:
          1) Greg was a top lawyer - he seemed to be passionate about it.
          2) Greg had some health issues to deal with - as we all do. This requires character - ie, something from within.

Most people can excel in one area and be average in another.
          Some top sportsmen win gold medals and yet have personnel problems.
          Other people who are solid and dependable don't have any interest in winning gold medals.
          I guess this leads to the importance of 'growing yourself' instead of 'growing your career'.
          my 2c

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
            I guess this leads to the importance of 'growing yourself' instead of 'growing your career'.
            my 2c
            Too true Bob Kane...maybe none of us knows how we'd react to bad health news - suicide (if he did kill himself) seems quite a selfish act to me and not at all fitting for someone so highly regarded - the fallout is widely felt due to his success at a young age and future prospects etc.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

King's death is a suspected suicide and has been referred to the coroner.
              Patience is a virtue.

Comment

- suicide (if he did kill himself) seems quite a selfish act to me and not at all fitting for someone so highly regarded -
                This is one of those tough subjects which most people find hard to understand. Suicide is not a selfish act because the person's mind at that point has no concept of self. They do not matter, they are a burden on others, everyone can get on with their lives if the person ceases to exist. On top of that there may be deep psychic pain, an unrelenting blackness even while outwardly smiling and trying to cope. So being dead is a good thing and clears the way forward for everyone else.

We have to understand that a suicidal person is not thinking normally - they are in a sense temporarily insane although appearing rational.

There was comment made that Greg King was severely criticised by many for his success with Ewan McDonald. Imagine his inner turmoil if he agreed with the criticisms, thought in the depths of the night that his accomplishment was empty, that it was actually bad. And then on top of that his health was deteriorating.

I have no idea of the true situation, merely seen this level of hell, the dark distress. Nihilism.
                Last edited by Winston001; 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

This week's Truth (the first one edited by Cam Slater (Whale Oil)) leads with a story about Greg King. Haven't read the article but there is a summary in NBR which is not behind the paywall. Seems there may be other things going on.

Comment

Yeah interesting - in the NBR they say 'watch this space'. It's the funeral tomorrow so maybe more will be revealed on the weekend or next week.

Comment

more in NBR - mention of miscalculation of legal aid - but considered way too small to be the catalyst to Greg's death....

Source

Comment

Depression could have been the cause - even though no one close to him noticed it - is that possible?

Source

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Depression could have been the cause - even though no one close to him noticed it - is that possible?

Source
                          Who commits suicide without being depressed?
                          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

That's a good point drelly.

There will be some. Terminally ill people. Those who have committed a shameful crime that they're about to be found out of (e.g. paedophiles).

But mostly, like 90 something percent will be depressed. Over 500 people a year...
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                            X