• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keys View Post
    Run for parliament.

Pass a law.

Devalue all money by 50%.

Your $20 has just been destroyed and will buy $10 worth of goods.
    How can a private person destroy money?
    I suspect that 'private person' may exclude MPs and also 'a' would have to become 'some'.
    DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post

Spaceman and I have a difference of opinion over the
      "money-as-currency" versus "e-money-as-something-else"
      concept so keep questioning him/her for clarification.

LOLZ ....yes exactly the same difference of opinion I have with "Truthers", "Moon Landing Hoaxers" "Illuminatists" "Birthers" et al

My favorite bits it that thread are where Perry finally buckled and agreed I was correct about about the point I entered the thread to mock Badger about (even though he got the reason I was right wrong).......Badger's stupidity......... that guy RAF showing up and promising to answer questions and then not..........and ending it with "....But when I do I count to potato".......Other than that the thread was/is pretty much as pointless as the 9/11 thread.

Cheers
      Last edited by spaceman; 24-09-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
        Pay off a debt?

Cheers
        Spaceman

Comment

Now the interesting stuff is starting to come out!

better have a look at some of the ideas so far... freshie Virtual said:

Originally posted by VirtualT View Post
          Say hypothetically that I created a facebook page called "burn all your money on 1 December", I got 1 million likes and on the 1st December 1 million people all burned their paper money. Now RBNZ isn't on facebook so they didn't know about it, so the measure of electronic money was still the same but the amount of paper money in circulation was reduced by 1/3. Would the value of paper money increase since there was reduced supply? I would say not since people would just use other means to pay.
          Not bad, not bad at all, nice use of electronic information systems, extra points for including two of the three parties in the money chain…now if you had said "get everyone to glue a ten dollar note to a piece of paper, frame it and hang it in their living room as art"..... 7/10.
          Last edited by McDuck; 24-09-2012, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
            Pay off a debt?
            Very nice, 8/10.
            That's one way.
            Two more points if you can show how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
              Run for parliament.

Pass a law.

Devalue all money by 50%.

Your $20 has just been destroyed and will buy $10 worth of goods.
              Nice, 10/10 for thinking at a grand scale, but as cube noted , minus two for only being a "private person" for 50% of the process. 8/10

Comment

©Article Originally written by Paul Krugman I found this very interesting article by Paul Krugman  providing in depth knowledge on how Money Created & works. Enjoy reading…. “The ex…

For those of you with the time-intelligence-and balls...heres a read

Comment

Invest with a Nigerian Prince. May not be destroying money, but very quickly getting rid of it.

Comment

1. Buy as much properties as you can with all CASH payment (no loan taken). And demolish them.... although you would still have the land value left.
                    2. Buy as much gold as possible with CASH. And destroy them or hide it somewhere no other human being can find. (how to destroy gold I don't know and do not want to know).
                    3. You can keep on going but I don't think anyone will have anything left after the above process.

Although why would you want to destroy money I don't know.......... I 'd rather stick with create more "money" or, to be more precise....our "beloved" fiat currency. People who understand how the system work benefits, others watch their hard earned "money" worth less and less.
                    Last edited by SleepyTiger; 24-09-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skid View Post
                      http://myeffusions.wordpress.com/200...ued-destroyed/
                      For those of you with the time-intelligence-and balls...heres a read
                      Another read for anybody that finds the above link credible

here is something equally credible

Cheers
                      Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyTiger View Post
                        1. Buy as much properties as you can with all CASH payment (no loan taken). And demolish them.... although you would still have the land value left.
                        2. Buy as much gold as possible with CASH. And destroy them or hide it somewhere no other human being can find. (how to destroy gold I don't know and do not want to know).
                        3. You can keep on going but I don't think anyone will have anything left after the above process.

Although why would you want to destroy money I don't know.......... I 'd rather stick with create more "money" or, to be more precise....our "beloved" fiat currency. People who understand how the system work benefits, others watch their hard earned "money" worth less and less.
                        LOLZ....I like your last bit.

Don't agree with number 1 though......effectively what you're saying is that if I pay cash for a yummy pie and then eat it I have destroyed money. Money and value aren't the same thing.

Cheers
                        Spaceman

Comment

LOL, point taken.

If you bought a yummy pie you have transfered the money to the pie seller, so whatever you do to the pie doesn't matter.... so maybe the pie seller can sell you the pie that costed him $2 (material cost not including labour) for 1 c & you ate the pie, then bam he destoryed some money, & probably get a slap from his wife.

So in Case No.1 say if you building a house with cash which costs you $500K. Then sell it to someome for $1. Then that guy comes along and demolish it (so he can't resell it to the market for $500K)....... Takes two very crazy guys to make it happen =)

Comment

lol, still not working, I m trapping myself deeper and deeper, the end of supply chain has to extract the resource at a loss and eventually it is sold for free or less than real cost value (i.e material only) and the buyer at the end has to physically destroy it.

Maybe it's a trick question, real money cannot be created or destroyed, it can merely be transfered.

I should do some work instead. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SleepyTiger View Post
                              Real money cannot be created or destroyed, it can merely be transferred.
                              Maybe Einstein would like that particular turn of phrase?

Is there such a things as unreal money?

What then is real money?

Comment

By “real” money I just mean money.

I personally define money as "a widely accepted medium of exchange + something that stores value (either in itself or somewhere else)".

The paper money is a widely accepted medium of exchange, but since we all got off the gold standard so it doesn’t store value (somewhere else). We are just backed by our government’s goodwill and ability to run. I.e. if NZ government collapse and a new government take over and decide to issue a new set of notes, then the currency we have right now would be ....just paper.

There is no such thing as unreal money as money is purely a concept (because us human defines what is widely acceptable + what has value, say gold could carry as much value as a toilet paper roll for someone from another planet).

So the conclusion is, currency is not money, but money is currency.

Then again, I am quite stupid, I could be wrong.
                                Last edited by SleepyTiger; 24-09-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X