Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT database back online -

Hi All,

The database has been repaired - so it's situation normal again.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Originally posted by donna View Post
    The database has been repaired - so it's situation normal again.
    hmmm, don't know about that, worth checkin this out

thread: false information from real estate agent

when page is loaded it says (at top right)
    "Results 1 to 10 of 10"
    when only 6 posts only are showing, last one being post #6 by TLL, posted "Today, 11:13 AM"

prior to this recent hiccup, there have been other discrepancies i assumed and attributed to ongoing "gentle" tweaking with a view to achieve gradual unnoticeable change of subsets

eg. on homepage, top menu, "New Posts" followed by "Private Messages" etc etc
    on occasion the "New Posts" link was obscured by overlapping "Activity Stream" link (two different options) and couldn't click "New Posts" only a part of which was then visible

this manifested itself for certain period only, is now ok ... didn't log it ... got beta things to do

apart from and though i predominantly use FF for general browsing, may occasionally use Safari and/or Opera (which i least like), i use SeaMonkey for specific purposes

when said example occurred (using FF), i checked it out with the other browsers and got identical results

so there u have it ... all yours ... take it or leave it am still LOL over the 50 shades of gray lark ... u gotta admit it was so so funny ... a million thx to drelly

just remembered another anomaly, "wiki" link was missing for a while, now back and ok
    AND here's a Q - which forum should posts like this one (about the site) go into?
    Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
    Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
    May 2012

Comment

I've got eight posts I can't delete as being read.
      Five of them have been deleted by Donna,
      but still show as New Posts.
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and the techies have been made aware of the issues too.

Cheers

Donna

.....I have moved the thread to the appropriate forum too.

Comment

Another thing is when you hit new posts and go to that page the quick links disappear and you can't click to go to todays posts.

Comment

You can view todays post in the 'activity stream'

Comment

see here re. hardware fault was the issue

Comment

Working...
              X