No announcement yet.

unpaid water bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your tenant is liable under the agreement to pay for metered water supplied, then they are also liable to pay any variable (ie related to water usage) wastewater charges.
    If the wastewater if a fixed sum unrelated to water usage then the tenant is not liable to pay this portion of the bill.

Comment

Being the slow person I am, the agrement you mean is the tenancy agreement I'm assuming? The 'fixed charges' amount changes (i'm assumin it's a floating amount) does that make a difference?...
      Last edited by house_dweller; 15-11-2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: edited words.

Comment

The fix charge is from the council for maintaining and keeping a pipe pumping water to your house, it has nothing to do with consumption and does not change form month to month.

For tenancies that commenced before September 2010,if the parties want to incorporate the new responsibilities for water supply and other outgoings the parties will need to formally agree to vary the terms of the tenancy agreement.

For tenancies that commenced after September 2010m, tenants may be charged for waste water where the wastewater charge is exclusively attributable to the tenant's use. Some water suppliers now include calculations of waste water by reference to water supplied.

Comment

What about the fixed charge for the power lines?
          Or the fixed charge for the phone lines?

This time it's different I guess...
          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
            What about the fixed charge for the power lines?
            Or the fixed charge for the phone lines?

This time it's different I guess...
            Yes, the difference is that they are not monopolies, while water supply is a monopoly.
            Which means you do what they say.

Comment

Wow, this thread becomes popular again.

My tenants have stopped paying water bill again, and now overdue and some penalties occur. She is blaming me again for the penalties, because i don't give her authorization. This old excuse , she is using again. What is the difference with forwarding payment to me and get the authorization and pay it herself?

I am tired of this issue, i'll leave it till the water is cut off, i offered help to forward her payments but she use it as excuse to avoid penalties.

How many month before water is cut off? Now she is behind 3 months and 400 bucks.

Comment

Just pay the bill and lodge a claim on the money. If you let the water get cut off she can lodge a claim against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Glizzle View Post
                  The fix charge is from the council for maintaining and keeping a pipe pumping water to your house, it has nothing to do with consumption and does not change form month to month.

For tenancies that commenced before September 2010,if the parties want to incorporate the new responsibilities for water supply and other outgoings the parties will need to formally agree to vary the terms of the tenancy agreement.

For tenancies that commenced after September 2010m, tenants may be charged for waste water where the wastewater charge is exclusively attributable to the tenant's use. Some water suppliers now include calculations of waste water by reference to water supplied.

Although your statement is the line quoted by the tenancy services, within the last couple of weeks I won a Tribunal hearing and the adjudicator awarded the owner the cost for the metered and waste water. The tenancy agreement was pre sept 2010 and the tenant certainly hadn't agreed to pay waste water. As the adjudicator said as far as he was concerned the RTA said the tenant was liable to pay all meter water and waste water was metered. As far as he was concerned it didn't matter that Watercare had changed their billing practices and that only changed the agreement Watercare had with the owners and did not change the agreement the owners had with the tenants. Previously I had been to mediation with this matter and the mediator said the waste couldn't be on charged to the tenant. I took the matter to the Tribunal and took great pleasure in e-mailing the TT order to the mediator showing I had won the wastewater payment.

[email protected]

Comment

that's great Sharon

do you have a case#?
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                      that's great Sharon

do you have a case#?
                      The case is to new to be on there website yet and in the order the adjudicator doesn't specify that it is waste and metered water but of course the amount awarded and the water accounts shows both were awarded. However if you do need the information to show precidence etc you can always contact me, happy to assist. I did pass the TT order onto the Akld mediators as well so they should be aware of it.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X