Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid water bill

Dear Landlords,

What happens if tenants fail to pay water bills which in the tenancy agreement is supposed to be paid by them? Because the bill is under landlord's name. SO i guess the watercare will be blaming the landlord for unpaid bills.

thanks

Comment

Welcome to your new job as unpaid debt collector for Watercare.

14-day notices will be as flying thick as snow at Scott Base.

Comment

It sucks, luckily electricity bill is not like that. I might think about increasing rent but includes water when renewing the tenancy. But might put a condition, if over 100 then tenant has to pay.

So i can increase 25 per week rent includes water up to 100 bucks. Then it will be good

Comment

Not legal, the way you propose it.

Comment

hi,

My tenant told me that i need to call watercare to authorize my tenant to pay the bill? Is that true? I thought they just need the account number and pay it?

thanks

Comment

Tenant does not need authorization to pay water bill. Its just like any other bill payment, just put the money into the account. It is a pain in the butt. I have one really good tenant, but now the accounts are monthly I have to post a copy to her so she can take it to winz and she always pays it.
              The other property I have had a string of bad tenants over the years, so I incoroporate it into the rent and by taking the average, I can assess what it usually is. Its never grossly over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by hele27 View Post
                I have to post a copy to her so she can take it to winz and she always pays it.
                oh so us taxpayers are paying it

Comment

Yeah I guess so, not sure how much of it is paid by winz but it is out of my hands what she gets from the govt.

Comment

My tenant also go to Winz, so i am also paying my own rent as i am tax payer too

For the water bill, it was sent to the house but tenant said she never received it, so i have to ask for electronic copy now and email it to her. And monthly just make it harder.

Hi Hele, i thought you were a tenant, i just replied to your thread about moving out

Comment

Originally posted by NomoneyNotalk View Post
                      hi,

My tenant told me that i need to call watercare to authorize my tenant to pay the bill? Is that true? I thought they just need the account number and pay it?

thanks
                      Watercare need authorization from the land owner to send the bill to someone else.

If you want to receive the bill but have the tenant pay it, you'll need to pass the bill (or at least the amount) on to the tenant when you receive it.
                      DFTBA

Comment

Our water bill is now posted directly to the tenant and we receive a copy via email. I advised the tenants that this is what now happens and just like their electricity they pay each month they now have to pay for the water each month.
                        I have also given authority for the tenants to contact Water Care direct if they have any problems.

Comment

Hi there No money, it sounds a bit confusing, I am a landlord of 4 properties, but currently a tenant
                          as well whilst I have been searching for my next property to buy and live in. In fact it has been an interesting experience being on the other side of a tenancy.

Good idea about your water account, I will do that as well with my tenant.

Comment

I worry the tenant can say they don't receive bill as an excuse for not paying, so i just email it to them every month after i receive bill from watercare.

Comment

When I spoke to Water Care they said they do allow the account to go into arrears, although I have not told my tenants that.
                              If they miss one month then it will show up on the next account as unpaid. What difference is it to sending them a 6 monthly invoice? In fact I would rather pay as I go myself than get hit every 6 months with $200 - $300 bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X