• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Behind every good man there's usually a woman, loading the shotgun!

Best of luck getting it solved. Completely unfair.

Yes very unfair, takes a lot of my time emailing and calling and forwarding the payment, checking the payment, etc. But that's all i can do until there is a change like power bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehole View Post
    Behind every good man there's usually a woman, loading the shotgun!
    Very nice . She used to manage residential buildings in the city. The skill is becoming handy when we do property investing now. Oh, this would answer the other guy who asked about which job is good for property investment knowledge.

Do your tenants pay the waste water charges in the bill too?? my tenant won't pay it no matter what I do and have requested I pay her back the previous months wastewater charges she paid....
    If I do send her a seperate water bill she really just might pay everything but the wastewater(fixed charges)...any ideas??

If your tenant is liable under the agreement to pay for metered water supplied, then they are also liable to pay any variable (ie related to water usage) wastewater charges.
    If the wastewater if a fixed sum unrelated to water usage then the tenant is not liable to pay this portion of the bill.

Being the slow person I am, the agrement you mean is the tenancy agreement I'm assuming? The 'fixed charges' amount changes (i'm assumin it's a floating amount) does that make a difference?...
    Last edited by house_dweller; 15-11-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: edited words.

The fix charge is from the council for maintaining and keeping a pipe pumping water to your house, it has nothing to do with consumption and does not change form month to month.

For tenancies that commenced before September 2010,if the parties want to incorporate the new responsibilities for water supply and other outgoings the parties will need to formally agree to vary the terms of the tenancy agreement.

For tenancies that commenced after September 2010m, tenants may be charged for waste water where the wastewater charge is exclusively attributable to the tenant's use. Some water suppliers now include calculations of waste water by reference to water supplied.

What about the fixed charge for the power lines?
    Or the fixed charge for the phone lines?

This time it's different I guess...
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    What about the fixed charge for the power lines?
    Or the fixed charge for the phone lines?

This time it's different I guess...
    Yes, the difference is that they are not monopolies, while water supply is a monopoly.
    Which means you do what they say.

Thread Information