Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone thinking of liquidating any of your investments ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thinking of liquidating any of your investments ?

With current market conditions described as red hot particularly in Auckland are there investors who are thinking of selling up at high suggesting this may not last.

Landlords is the home for property and real estate investors. Read news and articles on investing in rental property, subscribe to the NZ Property Magazine.

Not selling mine, i am looking to buy more

Comment

I sold a couple of buildings in 2005 or so, now they're worth 50% more.

Strange how the world went through the GFC and commercial property went up in value in this country!!??
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

And JABlog, if you did sell what would you do with the money? You can't buy anything cheaply right now?

This is also true in the commercial world. Saw some sales results this morning, everything either sold to owner occupiers (buying cause interest rates are so low) or sold on a yield of less than 6%.

Only one had a higher yield and that was 7.5% but it was a $6.5 million property, so less buyers around that price range.

So I'm definitely holding mine until I can see something better to buy. All overpriced rubbish out there just now.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Agree with Davo - have to think v carefully: "what am I gonna do with the cash"

Need a v good reason to sell - most people have a story where they regret selling property -
          "it would be worth X% more now boohoo!"

Anyway,
          I think this current price spurt has legs - listings way down, rates way down for another year probably.

If you did decide to hit eject and liquidate - I would say - not yet.

SK.

Comment

Yes, it is very hard to find something good at the moment, i have been hunting for a while and still hasn't found anything good, so i bought a land and going to build it when the builder's term is up.

I saw some good houses, but very expensive and the return is not good. And then i saw some cheap houses with ok return, but they have problems.

Comment

Wow , who knew we will have a bull run like this !

We thought 2012 was hot , fast-forward 3 years , average increase of 20 % year on year in Auckland !

Comment

Not in Auckland but just sold one of mine- all going well (accepted an offer on it yesterday).

It is a bit complicated. My parents bought half it off me a few years back but the place was getting a bit much for them so I recently bought an ownership unit for them to live in (and they’ll use their half of the proceeds of the sale to buy half of the ownership unit off me). I was tempted to buy them out and keep the property we are selling as a rental (have had it about 10 years and it was a rental originally) but wanted to free up some cash to put on a two room extension on to one of my baches and reduce my overall debt level as I prepare to move into it and return to semi-retirement at the end of the year.

Won’t be selling any more though and once the extension is done and I’m living in the bach will look into getting something else, but closer to where I’ll be living.

As for prices, latest data Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ) indicates we’ve had a 10% increase in prices over the past 12 months, which is not too shabby for regional NZ.

Craig

Comment

I think there is a good argument for upgrading your portfolio over time, sell off the lowest growth highest maintenance properties and get better ones. The time to do that is arguably sell in the boom replace in the slump.

Comment

Originally posted by JABlog View Post
                    Wow , who knew we will have a bull run like this !

We thought 2012 was hot , fast-forward 3 years , average increase of 20 % year on year in Auckland !

Hi Jablog

Good to see my old post, i am glad i was buying more in 2012. I feel it's expensive now though and haven't bought any properties this year.

Comment

Yes towards the end of this year. Off to the country. Had enough of tenants and all their sloppy ways.

Comment

I have considered but I don't have enough Auckland properties to sell.
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management
                        # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Given interest rates it's hard to imagine anybody selling when you can refi and be cash positive. This is the biggest windfall for investors in decades. A return to cash positive blue chip investing. Can't see it ever happening again when it finally ends.

Comment

I sold one just recently.

Better to be conservative and miss out on a few gains than be greedy and lose the lot.
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                              I sold one just recently.
                              Better to be conservative and miss out on a few gains than be greedy and lose the lot.
                              Correct.

A blast from the past Davo with you displaying healthy scepticism.

How to maximise return from $300k, 12-24 months

Comment

Working...
                              X