skipping the country owing money to the bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
    I'm sad that he wont be able to come home for a long time because I would be scared he would be stopped when he returned overseas but thats his choice to make.
    He may be scared but it is unlikely to happen - it is a civil matter at the moment.

Comment

Yeah you only get stopped at customs for Government debt like fines. Not personal debt.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

If you talk to my son he believes that dope is non addictive and causes no problems and will point me to all sorts of research to back it up.

When he was at highschool part of the curriculum was drug education, What did he get out of this? he got that if you are going to do drugs then marijuana is the drug to take because it's the safest.

He was a good student so he took that advice and is still doing it to this day

Comment

eri you are right and when I wrote about the banks being free with their money when it came to teens I thought it might sound like I'm blaming the bank.

This kid turned 18 he rocks up at the bank and wants to borrow $5000 he has been working for 2 years but has no savings, none not a cent, he regularly went into overdraft on his account, practically every week. he had no possessions for security, nothing, even after working for two years.

So they decide he's a good risk and give him the $5000.

If we ran our business like that we wouldn't last very long.

It's is 100% the responsibility of my son to pay his debt, if he dosn't then he has stolen it.

Another 18yr old rocks up to the bank with the exact same credentials and pays his loan off no problem it all comes down to the honesty and integrity of the borrower this is where I'm ashamed to say my son falls well short
          Last edited by frazzledfozzle; 19-04-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

My 19yo has about 4K in his bank account and another 4K invested and the bank wouldn't give him a credit card. Only wanted it for online ordering. Ah well, debit card works too.

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
              My 19yo has about 4K in his bank account and another 4K invested and the bank wouldn't give him a credit card. Only wanted it for online ordering. Ah well, debit card works too.
              see, this is where it gets fuzzy

he's obviously "credit worthy"

but he is also highly likely to pay off his credit card debt each month during the interest free period

and so cost the bank money....
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                see, this is where it gets fuzzy

he's obviously "credit worthy"

but he is also highly likely to pay off his credit card debt each month during the interest free period

and so cost the bank money....
                Except this argument is incorrect - the bank gets paid everytime the card is used, plus the annual fee.

Comment

If you talk to my son he believes that dope is non addictive and causes no problems and will point me to all sorts of research to back it up.
                  Talk to anyone who works in mental health... the psych wards are full of dopers!
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                    Talk to anyone who works in mental health... the psych wards are full of dopers!
                    The kids will tell you that you are old and the evidence cooked up, or you are just wrong. They will carry on with the dope in the secure knowledge that they are right. Trust me, I have had that conversation. The other answer is "oh, that won't happen to me 'cause I am differant'!!

Comment

Wayne you and I must have found our babies under the same bush !

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
                        Hah.....obviously heard of frazz's son's plans to skip the country......... and believe the two boys are related

Comment

LOL Ahar

Comment

Ha. My son is studying at Uni, will be able to repay student loan at the end of study and still have more cash than he started with. And he is sponsoring a child as well. He is very interested in what we are doing with property investing and I think he will be investing soon after getting full time work. If I were to have any criticism of his financial state, it would be that he shouldn't have so much in his bank account. Doesn't drink let alone smoke anything. Very, very different!

Comment

DazRaz it's not all bad for us either.
                              My daughter has just moved to Wellington to study at Massey she put $10,000 in a term deposit before she left she earned that money working part time after school and weekends. She will have a student loan to pay off because unfortunately living away from home dosn't come free and we are very grateful that she can get the loan interest free

Comment

DazRaz it's not all bad for us either.
                                My daughter has just moved to Wellington to study at Massey she put $10,000 in a term deposit before she left she earned that money working part time after school and weekends. She will have a student loan to pay off because unfortunately living away from home dosn't come free and we are very grateful that she can get the loan interest free
                                There you go! you did good. And I bet she isnt moaning like the rest of them - having to pay back interest free loans.
                                Last edited by JABlog; 21-04-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X