• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flyernzl View Post
    Yes, but if the child is young/old/maori/pacific island/female/gay/lesbian/vertically challenged/left-handed/unemployable/a green party supporter or all of the above then on their return they will be classified as a member of a disadvantaged group.

At that time all will be forgiven and they will no doubt qualify for WINZ (read taxpayer) support.

YOU left out if he was BOTTLE FED....
    surely Breastfed kids are smarter

I've been trying to get back to that form of feeding for years!

The first thing a debt collection company does when they receive a debt to collect is list it with Veda. Therefore for the next 5 years the mark is already there. Even if you repay it the mark is on his credit report so you haven't helped him protect his credit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by jimO View Post
    just because im not overly fond of asians doesnt make me a racist, but id rather be a racist than a theif
    Sounds pretty racist to me, you can justify yourself anyway you want, but it's (IMHO) just a matter of degree.

Is a racist better than a thief???.....depends again on the degree...........steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Delightfully in need of some Tender Loving Care
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
    Some things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
    Davo I know in my head you are right it's time he stood up and acted like a man but in my heart he's my boy and I want to protect him

I wish I could get the emotion out of it because I know you are probably right
    Hi Frazzle

I have a cousin who has been "helped" all his life.

When he was a young man with a wife and child he was given the family homestead.....a substantial house in Napier....he sold it and squandered the money....lost it in some silly "sure-fire" get rich scheme

His dad has bailed him out of many more failed financial schemes....paying off debts so that he wouldn't be bankrupted.....this of course allowed him to continue his life uninterrupted.

With this lesson well learnt he went out and repeated the experience.... another failed "sure thing" ........so again his dad "helped" him by bailing him out.

And more than once his dad loaned him money to "help him thru' a tight spot"

My cousin now has nothing.....no marriage, no house and doesn't even own a car.....worse still he's lost touch with his son

And I'm sure he'd still be bludging off his dad.....if only he had the money to give!

So please resist the temptation to "help" your son.

It won't teach him the lesson he needs to learn.

also suggest not to help out your son... what did you end up doing?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Sounds pretty racist to me, you can justify yourself anyway you want, but it's (IMHO) just a matter of degree.

Is a racist better than a thief???.....depends again on the degree...........steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Cheers
    Spaceman
    good job i dont really care what you think

^ That's what a racist would say

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Delightfully in need of some Tender Loving Care
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
    Some things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Have just heard from Irini that immigration flag passports once the debt gets to $10k. That was the system 20 years ago and she has no reason to suspect that it has changed.
    do they flag based on any debt? I would have thought there would have to be a court order or something.

She thinks it was on a court ordered debt.

Thread Information