• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dunedin has a community law service which is filled with law students and overseen by qualified lawyers, I have found then very useful in the past at sorting out neighbour issues.

I am just guessing, but think BeakerNZ may be fighting an uphill battle (I am assuming you have brought in or close to studentville) which will continue with each new intake of students, so while they may get this years lot sort, next years will cause a similar issue.

Dunedin has tried on numerous occasions to sort out student issues but nothing has worked - look at Hyde street party etcits indoctrined in Dunedin Uni life and its going to be really hard to change - not that I am condoning it.

Interesting:
    Quote Originally Posted by props4u
    Take her as "landlady" to the Tenancy Tribunal!!!
    End of story!!!
    What particular person in this list do you think the OP is?

Have you seen the application fees?

Category one $3300
    Category two $850

Not cheap.
    Last edited by Keys; 02-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Ouch! Obviously the DBH collects no dosh from such people,
    so charges a realistic fee instead of the standard sop amount.
    I wonder how many TT claims would be lodged by tenants
    and/or LLs if those sorts of fees prevailed?

Drawing a parallel with the Disputes Tribunal ($40-something
    fee isn't it?), I wonder if it can 'hear' any other types of claim
    at xx times the normal fee?

Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great Christmas gift idea for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maccachic View Post
    Dunedin has a community law service which is filled with law students and overseen by qualified lawyers, I have found then very useful in the past at sorting out neighbour issues.

I am just guessing, but think BeakerNZ may be fighting an uphill battle (I am assuming you have brought in or close to studentville) which will continue with each new intake of students, so while they may get this years lot sort, next years will cause a similar issue.

Dunedin has tried on numerous occasions to sort out student issues but nothing has worked - look at Hyde street party etcits indoctrined in Dunedin Uni life and its going to be really hard to change - not that I am condoning it.
    We're on a residential street out of studentville. Tenants are not students, just pissheads on the dole. In some ways I wish they were students so at least the university could get involved (another flat I know of 3 blocks away was sorted out like this, uni said they were breaking some sort of student code and would be expelled. It sorted them out quick).

What is stunning in all of this is that residents in NZ have zero rights. Drunken tenants can raise total hell on the street all night. They have a right to do this? Yet good law abiding kiwi families have no right to a peaceful street? It's beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Interesting:What particular person in this list do you think the OP is?
    u got me on this one, pls tell what "OP" stands for, thx

Have you seen the application fees?

Category one $3300
    Category two $850

Not cheap.
    Ah, now you're talking ... re cost

Fees are capped to what is, as stated - If/when comparing it to old system where you had to take issue to high court, there's no telling or guarantee of cost which could escalate to anything between 10 and 20 grand especially when contested, simply because they can do so, because as company, they are better resourced, say like when at same time one is also dealing with wayward BC Secretary with blatant overt favoritism backing principals behind such scumbags and without whom such situation would not have arisen in first place

Knowing that price is fixed and can't rise any higher am for own future peace of mind happy to pay it rather than let scumbags have their way and rule - That is akin to previous statement made promoting "3 strikes and you're out" rule. I say throw them in jail instead of giving them home detention or bail AND am happy to pay higher taxes to achieve this - Am not rolling in it and have to go to work everyday, unlike scumbags on the dole acting as pawns for callous entities who have little regard for one's basic rights

It is deplorable when dudes like beakernz have to endure such behaviour, what have/do such pissheads contributed to our society? Nothing but leaching off society, just like my scumbags

It is deplorable when perps have more rights than victims
    It is deplorable when perps get let off with home detention
    It is deplorable when car thief who was previously wanted by police for failing to appear in court a year earlier, when caught with stolen car, gets let out again on bail by judge!!!

It is deplorable when ex Ministers and Knight get let off with home detention just because they once were minister/knight - It's OK for them to be fat cats and enjoy fruits of being fat cats but it's NOT OK for them to take responsibility for their actions or carry the can for what happened and what has been done WHILE they enjoyed such fruits as fat cats - What about those who lost everything they had and won't get single cent back ???????

It is unfortunate those stated prices are what one has to pay and whilst unfair one should have to pay such high price for justice or to enforce one's rights, so be it and will pay it, rather than let scumbags rule!

A trillion thanks to our PC oriented mentalities who live in insulated dreamworlds and haven't got a clue of what it's like to have one's rights trodden on and don't have to live close to such low down scumbags

I'd dearly love to watch effect on any one of those PC loving entities when/if they are victims of or being accused of or being called sicko etc by scumbags

PS. Yes, as beakernz stated, it is beyond absurd! IMO, it is bordering on sick society am no longer proud of - Other than to respond to your clarification of "OP" don't think I'll be posting here for while cuz has just dawned on me ranting/raving is not helping me, I deal best with issues quietly keeping them contained, besides which, have ton of other stuff should instead be doing - Would be lurking and reading though
    Last edited by props4u; 02-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.

OP = Original Poster. IE (in this instance) beakernz

OP = Original Poster. IE (in this instance) beakernz
    Quoting from earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by props4u View Post
    While endeavouring to find out if those flats is/are indeed a BC, it is in any event well worth researching and recruiting fellow complainant(s) living at/in any one of those said flats. If yes, all the better since you need one such to take issue to TT, that is, be such complainant either of an owner or a tenant
    Should answer your question

BTW, you remind me of Mark Sainsbury (TV1), has anyone else told you that before? - Talk about taking no prisoners ... ROTFLMAO
    Last edited by props4u; 03-04-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by props4u View Post
    BTW, you remind me of Mark Sainsbury (TV1), has anyone else told you that before?
    Ah, no. (MAMC)

Thread Information