Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot use the term 'retired' in To Let newspaper add?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaye View Post
    OK Spaceman how do you suggest we get around the "retired" issue for me it's written in stone this property is/will be available ONLY for over 60's as it's a purpose built designated by Christchurch City Council as an over 60's townhouse.
    You've just done it.

Originally posted by advertisement
    it's a purpose built designated by Christchurch City Council as an over 60's townhouse

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

it's a purpose built designated by Christchurch City Council as an over 60's townhouse

Well thats not fair .. How do I get my unit 'designated' as an over 60s 'countryhouse' ?? Whats the criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Shalodge View Post
        Well thats not fair .. How do I get my unit 'designated' as an over 60s 'countryhouse' ?? Whats the criteria?
        Built before 1952
        DFTBA

Comment

Thanks Keys knew you'd have the answer!
          Kaye
          www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Interesting thing is, I'll qualify for it with a 14 yr old son

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye View Post
              OK Spaceman how do you suggest we get around the "retired" issue for me it's written in stone this property is/will be available ONLY for over 60's as it's a purpose built designated by Christchurch City Council as an over 60's townhouse.
              FWIW, I'd like to be able to be a little more plain in my language and to be able to post the add as Shalodge originally wrote it.............problem is there are plenty of unreasonable people out there, proof of the pudding is that these kinds of rules have been found to be necessary.

There are ways around everything of course.....ie the blatantly racist LL who turns away all potential tenants of the wrong hue isn't allowed to advertise for whites only or no darkies even though that might well be what happens in practice.

If I was you I would mention that it's part of a retirement project designated by the CCC, that would probably discourage the young'uns without actually saying you won't rent to them

Serious question.

What things make it a specially designated over 60's townhouse???.....just curious

Cheers
              Spaceman

Comment

Um not sure off the top of my head I'll find out and come back to you
                Kaye
                www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Land area. Section size down to 230 M2 is allowed. Other type of subdivisions have a larger minimum section size.

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Could you actually say "designated by the local council as accommodation for over 60s"

That is, after all, a statement of fact.

Comment

. . . or even for senior citizens?

Comment

coffin dodgers

Comment

Working...
                        X