• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
    OK Spaceman how do you suggest we get around the "retired" issue for me it's written in stone this property is/will be available ONLY for over 60's as it's a purpose built designated by Christchurch City Council as an over 60's townhouse.
    FWIW, I'd like to be able to be a little more plain in my language and to be able to post the add as Shalodge originally wrote it.............problem is there are plenty of unreasonable people out there, proof of the pudding is that these kinds of rules have been found to be necessary.

There are ways around everything of course.....ie the blatantly racist LL who turns away all potential tenants of the wrong hue isn't allowed to advertise for whites only or no darkies even though that might well be what happens in practice.

If I was you I would mention that it's part of a retirement project designated by the CCC, that would probably discourage the young'uns without actually saying you won't rent to them

Serious question.

What things make it a specially designated over 60's townhouse???.....just curious

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Delightfully in need of some Tender Loving Care
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
    Some things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise

Um not sure off the top of my head I'll find out and come back to you

Land area. Section size down to 230 M2 is allowed. Other type of subdivisions have a larger minimum section size.

Could you actually say "designated by the local council as accommodation for over 60s"

That is, after all, a statement of fact.

. . . or even for senior citizens?

Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great Christmas gift idea for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

coffin dodgers

Thread Information