Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From their website:

Vodafone home phone - what does it cost to set up

How much does it cost to get Vodafone home phone set up?

If you're moving a working telephone line to Vodafone then there is no set up costs - it's free.

If you're connecting a line that had previously been working but isn't currently active, then the connection fee is just $52.10.

Or if it's a brand new connection (i.e. there has never been a phone line into your house) then there is a $52.10 installation fee and additional wiring charges may apply.
    These will be P.O.A depending on the location and work required.

Comment

Seems it's turned to be a long story. 25 days passed after I applied move the phone. Let's see how long it will cost finally.

Comment

Took me ages to get an answer when I first moved, I tried Orcan - big mistake! Took weeks to get an answer from them (phone ping pong around useless people who call themselves customer service) turned out I had been added to a waiting list - expected connection time 2 Years, didnt even bother to let me know. there are apparently no spare ports in our street.

Comment

Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
          Took me ages to get an answer when I first moved, I tried Orcan - big mistake! Took weeks to get an answer from them (phone ping pong around useless people who call themselves customer service) turned out I had been added to a waiting list - expected connection time 2 Years, didnt even bother to let me know. there are apparently no spare ports in our street.
          It's a terrible experience! Maccashic. Don't scare me, please! Ahahaha!
          I think possibly it's the only way to change the service to home phone wireless?

Comment

Vodafone wireless has a great advantage. No more disconnection or reconnection stand down time. Just pull the transformer and plug it in at your new house. Pays to check before you move/buy that it will work there though. All it takes is less than 2 minutes for it to reconnect to the local cell tower.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
              Vodafone wireless has a great advantage. No more disconnection or reconnection stand down time. Just pull the transformer and plug it in at your new house. Pays to check before you move/buy that it will work there though. All it takes is less than 2 minutes for it to reconnect to the local cell tower.
              Is it stable? What's the area code, 09 or 021? Thanks for your information. Cause I always have international call in, if my phone number is 021XXX, my friends outside NZ will cost very expensive money. For example, if they call 09XXX, the charge from Skype is only USD0.01/MIN. If they call 021XXX, the charge is USD0.24/Min.!!!
              Last edited by jcflex; 30-03-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

My ingoing number is the same as when with Telecom. Those calling me don't know the difference. For outgoing calls I use it like a cellphone. IE use the STD prefix each time regardless of where I call. I have the $45 option with unlimited national calls and the answer phone. Stability is as with a cell phone. I do get echoing at times at times at times though.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

My ingoing number is the same as when with Telecom. Those calling me don't know the difference. For outgoing calls I use it like a cellphone. IE use the STD prefix each time regardless of where I call. I have the $45 option with unlimited national calls and the answer phone. Stability is as with a cell phone. I do get echoing at times at times at times though.
                  Ingoing number is the same means the prefix also 09? I love echoing.......

Comment

If I were to ring a number with a cellphone I would dial a series of digits. It is the same. If anyone were to call me from inside my toll free area eg. 03 for Christchurch, they need not use the 03. If anyone were to call me from outside the toll free area eg. Wellington, then they need to use the 03 prefix as usual. However, should I visit Auckland and take my phone with me, they still need to dial me as per normal. I however, always need to use the prefix whenever I dial out.... out.... out.... out............
                    Last edited by Keys; 30-03-2012, 05:44 PM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

If I were to ring a number with a cellphone I would dial a series of digits. It is the same. If anyone were to call me from inside my toll free area eg. 03 for Christchurch, they need not use the 03. If anyone were to call me from outside the toll free area eg. Wellington, then they need to use the 03 prefix as usual. However, should I visit Auckland and take my phone with me, they still need to dial me as per normal. I however, always need to use the prefix whenever I dial out.... out.... out.... out............
                      I don't mind dial 09 first....first....first for local call. I just mind if my friends call me from outside NZ as to mobile(+6421)....mobile(+6421)....mobile(+6421)... Cause the charge is huge different.

Comment

We have calls from OZ without complaints. If you wish, you could get your friends to give us a quick call to check on their bill for cost before you commit?

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

My second phone line is the vodafone wireless, you can also receive and send texts on it. Only found out because when I pay my bill online, it sends the phone a text (probably should just read the instruction manual).

Comment

Only issue I have with the wireless is it can interfer with the digital TV reception. Otherwise $40 a month is great for unlimited calling.

Comment

Working...
                            X