• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Heatpumps, anyone want to comment if this is an decent deal?

Well, I've had a few people through. They all give different solutions and prices. However only one company I seem to trust. The guys just seems onto it where the other guys seemed lazy in their advice and knowledge. So, I am partial to investing in a system by a reputable company that I feel will do a top job. We have the following quote:

Units are *******

Downstairs: 11.2 KW central ducted system supplying 4 main rooms $10,300
    Upstairs: 9 KW unit powering three high wall heads, one head in each bedroom upstairs. $6,820

Prices include gst and install

The above solution works for us in terms of heating configuration. We get a general heat throughout downstairs area, then upstairs once going to bed, we turn off downstairs central system then we can each heat our own bedrooms based on personal preference by adjusting each head in the rooms.

Thanks!

unless you live in siberia i dont understand why you would want heatpumps in bedrooms

So its not cold when you get up in the morning I fully understand hate getting out of bed when its not warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccachic View Post
    So its not cold when you get up in the morning I fully understand hate getting out of bed when its not warm.
    I think a lot of folks in NZ don't feel the cold. They'll be out in 3 degrees with shorts and t-shirt. I'm the exact opposite unfortunately. I've tried acclimatising, more clothes, more blankets etc and it doesn't help.

Price sounds reasonable to me. Not cheap but not bad. What's the COP? And the COP at H2? Not sure if energystar covers ducted heat pumps, but if it does, are these energystar models?

http://www.energywise.govt.nz/products/listing/100
    http://www.eeca.govt.nz/sites/all/fi...%202011%29.pdf

The H2 is the low-temp rating. This is really important - if your units are crap they'll spend (literally) half their time on snowy days blowing cool air round while they try and defrost. Don't accept "I don't know" for an answer.

By the way, does your installer realise how warm you like things? The standard calcs only heat lounges to 20 degrees (I think, might have been 21). Our installer took a lot of convincing that we wanted more like 24 degrees.

Thanks One. Our main goal is to "take the chill out". We'll probably still wear a couple layers of clothing while in the house. Otherwise I think we'll get carried away and get massive power bills. The COP of the central system is 4.48 (not sure of H2) and the split system upstairs would be 4.65. They claim to be rated to -15 but like you say these things trying to defrost themselves could be a nightmare. I've never run heating like this. We would have preferred radiator/boiler based heating and the quotes were over 35k, way out of reach, not to mention fuel costs.

Ones that can handle the cold is key. I had a bad experience with a clean heat scheme one that just could handle frosty mornings. Since then, I buy Mitzie hypercore ones. They cost a little more but after seeing tenants give up on the old heat pump and run LPG heaters....

Quote Originally Posted by DazRaz View Post
    Ones that can handle the cold is key. I had a bad experience with a clean heat scheme one that just could handle frosty mornings. Since then, I buy Mitzie hypercore ones. They cost a little more but after seeing tenants give up on the old heat pump and run LPG heaters....
    Interesting. What is annoying is lack of information on particular units. For example the units I am looking at:

******* SP1102B Super Digital Inverter
    ******* 3M26GAV

Internet searches reveal virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by beakernz View Post
    Well, I've had a few people through. They all give different solutions and prices. However only one company I seem to trust. The guys just seems onto it where the other guys seemed lazy in their advice and knowledge. So, I am partial to investing in a system by a reputable company that I feel will do a top job. We have the following quote:

Units are *******

Downstairs: 11.2 KW central ducted system supplying 4 main rooms $10,300
    Upstairs: 9 KW unit powering three high wall heads, one head in each bedroom upstairs. $6,820

Prices include gst and install

The above solution works for us in terms of heating configuration. We get a general heat throughout downstairs area, then upstairs once going to bed, we turn off downstairs central system then we can each heat our own bedrooms based on personal preference by adjusting each head in the rooms.

Thanks!
    Seems expensive to me.
    NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

Thread Information