Who Gives Way? - New Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Gives Way? - New Rules

After studying the examples closely and reading all the text and explanations I've discovered how the new Give Way rules work: the red car gives way!

What happens when there are 2 red cars?????

Cheers
    Spaceman

Comment

Easy - here it is:

The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Haha brillant!

Comment

I'm still confused, as helpful as the above diagram was it still doesn't show what to do in the case of two red cars.

My car is silver, when will they be explaining the rules for silver cars not just red & green????

Comment

Okay so I never have to give way 'cos my car isn't red - classic!

There's lots of red cars in our area - they better know the new rule!
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Try the test ...

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/around-nz/new-rule-quiz.html

Only a few get all 10 questions right!

Comment

^I only got 9 out of 9.......where was to 10th question????......did I fail???

Let's face it there are a lot of people on the road now who don't know the road rules properly.........this isn't new and it isn't going to change

Comment

No, but at least the new rules are more natural when two cars who don't know what to do face each other!
                  DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                    What happens when there are 2 red cars?????CheersSpaceman
                    Dunno.
                    All the diagrams have only one red car.

Comment

Pretty much the way I tink of it is "If I was to be ilogical about it, who would go first... Ah" then let that car go first... There aare some intersections where the traffic is going to be backed up for miles with this law. How long do we give it till it changes?

Comment

Look it's all very simple...

A Ford must always give way to Holden

New cars give way to Classics

Asian cars give way to real cars

Asian cars modified by Young white boys with Acne and trousers round their knees don't give way because they can't see over the dash.

And a bus always has the right of way coz those buggers just don't ever stop!

Comment

I got 9 out of 9 too..... and like Spaceman I wondered where the 10th question was!!

Shalodge must've been miscounting, lol!!

Of course, those of you who have any other coloured cars than red or blue (or a red motorbike as in question 4)..... well, you're not allowed on the road!!

Now that'll make driving much safer.
                          Patience is a virtue.

Comment

First time out on Sunday - and the cars turning left stopped for me to turn right. Lots of tooting of the horn finally got them moving.

If there's going to accidents its going to be in Kapiti....we're driving our 12 year old car (Jeep - hard to miss it) around locally for the time being.

Cheers,

Donna
                            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

So far I have found this pretty pain free. Everyone seems to be patient, and understanding currently. I am sure after a week or two and people start to relax, and some fall back into the old groove, we might see some more issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X