Soho dodgy carpet.... Something smells fishy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a wind-up?

How are you supposed to tell the difference between your stain and the new tenant's stains. If the carpet needing replacing, as was their assertion, how was it so easily rentable again? Again, I'd be straight down the TT to get your deposit back NOW. This new tenant may be in there for years & years. What a lot of bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
      Is this a wind-up?

How are you supposed to tell the difference between your stain and the new tenant's stains. If the carpet needing replacing, as was their assertion, how was it so easily rentable again? Again, I'd be straight down the TT to get your deposit back NOW. This new tenant may be in there for years & years. What a lot of bollocks.
      'Sarah,
      there was a miss-communication and we have not cleaned your carpets yet. Your tenancy ended on the Monday and theirs started on the Tuesday, giving us limited time to get the carpet professionally cleaned (which is as per your Tenancy Agreement).

The tenants have advised that it will not be possible to get the carpets done as their furniture is now in the property, and would have to be removed to do so.

We are happy to release your Bond, however put a hold on $500.00 so when the tenants move out, we can arrange for the carpets to be cleaned. I am concerned that a general clean won’t get the stain out, and you will therefore be responsible for the carpet to be replaced, once the new tenants move out"

This is the email she sent me, and yes I will go to the TT today, I've had enough. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Comment

Wow very interesting, please keep us updated! Also didn't you say PM had the keys and you had moved out 2 months earlier??

Comment

I've had the same thing happen to me in the same complex. The stain was near to the entrance so we purchased a nice mat to cover the uncleanable Midori stain. Quite a good compromise I thought. FYI the body corporate didn't have anything to do with the choice of carpet, each owner of each unit chose their colour from the plans.

Comment

Who are your property managers? I have heard about some real shysters operating in Soho!

Comment

Originally posted by partya View Post
              Who are your property managers? I have heard about some real shysters operating in Soho!
              Oh really? what have you heard? Would be interesting if the stories were in the same boat as me?

Iron bridge Property Management. I will not revel names, for privacy reasons (Although I am tempted!)

Comment

Originally posted by partya View Post
                I've had the same thing happen to me in the same complex. The stain was near to the entrance so we purchased a nice mat to cover the uncleanable Midori stain. Quite a good compromise I thought. FYI the body corporate didn't have anything to do with the choice of carpet, each owner of each unit chose their colour from the plans.
                And i'm guessing your LL was ok with that? yeah that sounds like a great solution! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Seeing as there is only one female property manager from Wellington on their website, I won't be letting any of my properties with anyone called Natasha! They say the internet is the best marketing medium?

Comment

Originally posted by misszoolander View Post
                    I am a tenant living in the Soho apartments in Wellington. I had to move out two months ago but still kept paying rent as I was on a fixed term contract. Unfortunately my flatmate spilled some washing powder on the carpet while i was not there and it has created a small light brown stain, there is also carpet fraying from the edge which is defiantly not my fault. My property manager insists that i pay to get the whole carpet in the lounge and 2 bedrooms replaced due to this stain, I can't even repair the carpet as they "don't make the carpet anymore" according to the body corporate at Soho. This seems strange to me, why would you fill up 326 apartments with light colored carpet that stains REALLY easily if it was not replaceable?

Not to mention the security guard told me that 90 percent of tenants that loose their bond is because of the carpet, and all of those carpets get replaced with a darker much better quality carpet used with peoples bond money. He said that the Body Corporate knew they messed up with the carpet early on, so we the tenants have to suffer when it comes to poor quality carpet. Because "apparently" they do not make the carpet anymore it means i have to forfeit $1500 (Possibly have to pay more) replacing the WHOLE APARTMENT due to one small brown stain!

Can someone please tell me if i'm just being paranoid or is there actually something fishy going on...
                    Call Tenancy Tribunal and TT will help you out.

Comment

Be wary of what you post in a public forum. Naming her in this forum may not win you any favours when it comes to Mediation or TT.
                      Lisa

Comment

I Did not name her, if you read the posts previously I named the company and another poster named her.

Thanks for the warning though.

Comment

Best of luck misszoolander. I am a newbie and no expert though I have been both landlord and tenant through the years. I have come here to learn more and have been quite mesmerised by your story and advice given.

I would get stuck into the whole thing now as advised in the last few posts, you are being pushed from pillar to post and time to act is now!!

By the way - I think it would be anatomically impossible for you to "grow some" as suggested early in this conversation!! (Haven't discovered if there are emoticons here yet)

Comment

In the quick reply box which you use there is a tool bar. Not sure if you have access to it with limited postings. There are many smileys available.

www.3888444.co.nz
                            Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie View Post
                              Best of luck misszoolander. I am a newbie and no expert though I have been both landlord and tenant through the years. I have come here to learn more and have been quite mesmerised by your story and advice given.

I would get stuck into the whole thing now as advised in the last few posts, you are being pushed from pillar to post and time to act is now!!

By the way - I think it would be anatomically impossible for you to "grow some" as suggested early in this conversation!! (Haven't discovered if there are emoticons here yet)
                              Cheers! I am a newbie too, know what it's like! But I've learnt alot through this post as well as others! Good sight! and the suggestions have been extremely helpful. Don't worry guys i'm being proactive!

Comment

Working...
                              X