Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implications of CCTV cameras with audio in NZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure that anyone on PT is really qualified to
    do more than offer an opinion, perhaps tempered
    with some experience, be that Spaceman, me or
    any other forumite.

There are 'private' sites which you can store stills
    and videos on. One that I use is photobucket.com.
    Access to any albums you might create there can
    be either 'public,' or password protected.

Webshots.com is another. Or flickr.com.

Comment

Plenty of sites you can upload to and keep private, then send a link/password to whoever you want to see it ......megaupload used to be one

Happy to take a look and put in my 2c if you PM a link...........doubt I'll be much help though as I pretty much agree with Perry on this especially since you'll be the one saying "but but but Spaceman said it was ok" as they drag you off to the gulag.

My generic ruling is, if you think it's dodgy then it probably is and still might be even if you think it isn't.......... a mate of mine had a very unwelcome surprise when his recordings were deemed to be illegal

Good luck

Cheers
      Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
        My generic ruling is, if you think it's dodgy then it probably is and still might be even if you think it isn't.......... a mate of mine had a very unwelcome surprise when his recordings were deemed to be illegal
        Seems that all this has gotten 'hard'. Surely all you do is put up a camera, on your property, pointing over your property and into public space if you wish. Don't record sound. Anything a person does in public space is, well, public! If you wish put a sign under the camera (doesn't have to be right under camera) saying that a CCTV camera is operating in the location. I have seen this in plenty of places (saw a sign on Sunday where I was and couldn't see a camera around but ...). If you hide the camera you are probably trying to hide something. The best cameras are in dark domes so you can't see where they are pointing - are they watching me or someone else?

Comment

Just wear a hoodie and keep quiet and all these issues become moot.

Comment

Spy Pen Camera

Technology what? (Just make a note!)

The is a mini DVR (Digital Video Recorder) which combines a colour camera
            and recorder in the shape of a pen that actually writes. The ballpoint pen
            is equipped with a small pin-hole color camera that records 720 x 480 AVI
            video clips with up to 30 frames per second - just add a microSD card and
            you're ready to go! With this Digital Pocket Video Recorder Ballpoint Pen,
            you can also shoot JPEG photos at up to 1280 x 1024 resolution

Comment

For a lot of our customers we use this software.

Phone call recording software runs on Windows PC and records calls to your computer from your landline, handset, or mobile phone.

No reason it cannot be used at home. You need a PC that can be left on with a voice modem (not a data - dialup modem) installed and connected to the phone line. It just records incoming and outgoing calls automatically. There is plenty of other software out there.

We have been finding that some businesses will not respond to questions with written replies but you can get various statements out of their representatives on the phone. It is proving to be very handy.

Comment

Before someone asks the obvious. There are various apps suitable for smart phones.. This is the one I use and reccommned for android .. There may be others..

cell-phone-apps.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cell-phone-apps.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  Here's an example
                  www olympus co uk/consumer/2587_tp-7_telephone_pick-up.htm
                  (replace spaces with dots)
                  *** Picture removed ***
                  Hmmm, looks good and imagine it would work as well as one I used to have, however, looks unlikely it would be available here in NZ (as deduced from site) ... will try other means though, in due course

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  Spy Pen Camera
                  www grabonestore co nz/firstin-1033?utm_source=GrabOne&utm_campaign=ET_17947_Gadg etDay_20120315&utm_medium=email
                  Technology what? (Just make a note!)
                  *** Picture removed ***
                  Interesting you should bring this up. Bought one, 16gig onboard memory. It lasted 6 months. Worked very well (good visual and audio) except for date/time stamp (impressed on captures) which jumped to year 2047 and couldn't correct it as per Chingrish manual. Battery died - meaning it would only run for some 30 secs after full re-charge and "No" can't replace battery in it

I then bought 2nd one, 4gig this time. That too developed probs 10 weeks later, firstly, ink seeped out ruining clothing, secondly, lost audio recording. Excepting day I got sc*mb*gs visiting car thief recorded (minus audio), haven't used it

I went to grabone store per your link. Suggest you go back there, then click "Join Discussion" link on left hand side and read my input there (nicknamed "Grab OneADay"). Evidently, they couldn't handle my question/request and closed discussion forum for that item - I suspect because they wouldn't admit that one simply can not open it and replace battery without damaging contraption

On second thoughts, direct link to it is
                  www grabonestore co nz/firstin-1033/discuss

Those pens would work very well if they improved design by facilitating replacement of batteries. Otherwise, user would have to accept having to buy new replacement pen 3-4 times a year

Time permitting, am in process of setting up private repository (so to speak) for mentioned files and will get back to you in due course (incl shalodge+spaceman) - I wonder how beakernz is getting on - Cheers
                  Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                  Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                  May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                    Plenty of sites you can upload to and keep private, then send a link/password to whoever you want to see it ......megaupload used to be one

Happy to take a look and put in my 2c if you PM a link...........doubt I'll be much help though as I pretty much agree with Perry on this especially since you'll be the one saying "but but but Spaceman said it was ok" as they drag you off to the gulag.

Good luck

Cheers
                    Spaceman
                    Yeap, absolutely, you are to blame
                    Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                    Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                    May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Shalodge View Post
                      For a lot of our customers we use this software.
                      www ezphonerecorder sunshinesoftsolutions com/
                      No reason it cannot be used at home. You need a PC that can be left on with a voice modem (not a data - dialup modem) installed and connected to the phone line. It just records incoming and outgoing calls automatically. There is plenty of other software out there.
                      Agreed - I found and downloaded similar software a while back - I now have to "re-find" it on my hard drive, am sure it will reappear (sooner or later)

Originally posted by Shalodge View Post
                      We have been finding that some businesses will not respond to questions with written replies but you can get various statements out of their representatives on the phone. It is proving to be very handy.
                      Again agreed - One has to protect oneself

AND NOW CELEBRATION IS CALLED FOR - Hopefully the next time I post I should be able to insert links (remains to be seen) - YEAY, THIS IS TENTH POST ... MY GRADUATION ...
                      May 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X