• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Deals and What's On banner

Default How much is the average price for home insurance ?

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how much the average price for home insurance on a 4 bed house in Wanganui, including landlords protection insurance ( no contents). I was quoted $30 p/w ...is this reasonable? Also if anyone has any recomendations on a good insurance company to use that would be great! Thank you and godbless!

Don't know about Wanganui, but $30 x 50 weeks = $1500 sounds high to me.

I have my IPs with AMI Insurance - their premiums seem competitive, and they now have the added benefit of a taxpayer guarantee (thank you very much for that, folks).

$24.37 in Tauranga per week through AON on a 3 bed up to 120m2, $600 excess. Bear in mind claims performance and customer service, not just price.

Get a quote from a second insurer for the same property. That'll give you a better idea of market rates.

Paying $520 / annum on each of two properties in Wanganui and $720 / annum on another. No landlords protection but wow $1500 is a lot

Thread Information