No announcement yet.

Parmco appliances - anyone used them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually put in F&P or Westinghouse but recently had to replace a Westinghouse oven when the tenant consistently rested a heavy dish on the door and it stuffed the hinges. Cost to fix was only just less than the cost of a new oven.
    Went for Parmco as they have a 5 year warranty on all their appliances and all others only have 2 years. And before someone suggests it, that is not an extended warrantly it is standard on Parmco appliances.

Comment

Yeah... 5 yr warranty as standard is nice. Worst case I bin the Parmco in 5 years and have to buy something fancy and european....... that's a pretty good worst case if you think about it.

Comment

You mean apart from registering a negative score in kitchen cred?

Comment

Yes... true.... but as I've already suggested, I don't give a crap what other people think of my kitchen.... so it's a price that costs me nothing to pay :-)

Comment

Originally posted by partya View Post
            I have had a Parmco dishwasher for 6 years now and have had no problems with it. As an aside, I have had 2 'Indesit' washers, one which lasted less than a year and one slightly less then 3 years - stay away! I also have a 'Classique' washing machine which has proved itself very reliable and was very reasonably priced.
            We're hoping that the Classique dishwasher breaks too - it does a good enough job as long as it's loaded right, but is way too inclined to not wash things properly. Using powder, it couldn't even clear the powder dispenser properly - had to switch to tablets instead.

Last house we had a Dishlex for 6+ years which never missed a beat.
            DFTBA

Comment

I'm managing 95 apartments with single dish drawers, they are now coming up 6 years old and have been used by many different nationalities and surprisingly I would only have a serviceman come out once every 5 months to attend to one.
              I had one of the first dish drawers in a place I built about 10 years ago. Absolutely fantastic!
              I have purchased a 2nd hand LG for a place that we are doing up at present. Whilst its rented the LG will remain but as soon as we move in we will change it for a double dish drawer. I bought the LG as 2 servicemen recommended them as dishwashers they hardly had to service.
              When I worked as a kitchen designer a number of clients wouldn't even contemplate a dd as they had been put off them by what they had heard from other people. But my experience with them is all good.

Comment

We recently remodeled our kitchen and were sold a Parmco oven and electric hob. Biggest pieces of junk I've ever bought. The user manuals were obviously not written by someone who understands English, and very few of the symbols even match those on the oven. The rest of the manuals are almost painful to read. The appliances themselves are cheap and featureless. And you can forget about customer service. When I repeatedly called to complain, all I ever got was "someone will get back to you." No one ever did. I'd be very leary of buying anything made by Parmco.

Comment

Ive got parmco rangehood, oven, and hobs in my own home and a year on they are still going well with no issues. I have put them into numerous houses both rentals and specs and have not heard anything bad except for a broken hinge on a oven door about 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx05 View Post
                    We recently remodeled our kitchen and were sold a Parmco oven and electric hob. Biggest pieces of junk I've ever bought. The user manuals were obviously not written by someone who understands English, and very few of the symbols even match those on the oven. The rest of the manuals are almost painful to read. The appliances themselves are cheap and featureless. And you can forget about customer service. When I repeatedly called to complain, all I ever got was "someone will get back to you." No one ever did. I'd be very leary of buying anything made by Parmco.
                    Sounds odd, they come with a 5 year warranty if purchased through an approved supplier. I put an oven and a hob into a rental/will oneday live there house in December and am very impressed with how durable they feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin McCandless View Post
                      I've got a quote for a kitchen refit that includes Parmco appliances (Hob, Oven and Range-hood.) The Pricing seems all very reasonable, but I've no experience with the brand before.

Anyone bought / used their stuff ?
                      I've got one of their ovens, a rangehood and a waste disposer. All came with 5-year warranties, all have worked perfectly for 7-years now. I just bought a new dishwasher online from ApplianceSmart. They've got a lot of Parmco kitchen appliances at very good prices.

Comment

Stay away from Parmco products!

Originally posted by WGN ex-property manager View Post
                        I've got a quote for a kitchen refit that includes Parmco appliances (Hob, Oven and Range-hood.) The Pricing seems all very reasonable, but I've no experience with the brand before.

Anyone bought / used their stuff ?
                        I bought an oven and gas hob from Parmco 2 years ago for my own use not for a rental property. The oven has broken down so many times I've lost count. They did at least fix it each time. Now the markings on the hob (decals) that tell you which element you're turning on and how to increase/decrease the heat have worn off. Parmco 'help' department very unhelpful, lost my e-mails, didn't reply for ages etc. Eventually they offered to replace the part but I have to pay for installation. They cannot guarantee the new part will last more than 2 years. They refuse to cover it under their 5 year warranty saying the decals are cosmetic only and therefore not covered by warranty.

In my experience Parmco are very poor quality products and the company cannot be relied on to fulfil their 5 year warranty.
                        I recommend buy another brand.

Comment

I have a range hood from Parmco being doings its job for 3 years or so no problems

Comment

We have Parmco oven and rangehood here at home, for 9 years, no probs.
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by annie47 View Post
                              In my experience Parmco are very poor quality products and the company cannot be relied on to fulfil their 5 year warranty.
                              I recommend buy another brand.
                              Me too.
                              My oven caught fire.
                              Parmco didn't seem surprised.
                              They simply replaced the fan element with a larger one.
                              I've since sold the oven for $500.

Comment

Have Parmco rangehood in one of my rentals - it was a pain to install and is very loud. I wouldn't be surprised if it will last long just because it's too loud to be used frequently. Won't buy it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X