Parmco appliances - anyone used them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parmco appliances - anyone used them?

I've got a quote for a kitchen refit that includes Parmco appliances (Hob, Oven and Range-hood.) The Pricing seems all very reasonable, but I've no experience with the brand before.

Anyone bought / used their stuff ?

Couple of people said they were good in this thread:
    Have a question or tip about improving the value of your investment property?

And Meehole mentions using them here:

Comment

I only have experience as a tenant in the place I rent...

It's one of those wide stainless gas/elec ovens. Now 3 years old:

Pro's
      Performs alright (should really ask the Mrs haha)
      Easy to keep clean (ditto)

Con's
      All the decals on the knobs have worn off so you need patience or experience to operate.
      Door seal has had to be replaced already.

Quality is as you would expect for the price I guess.

Comment

Penny wise, pound foolish

I seem to recall asking my electrician about Parmco.....

He wasn't impressed.....said something along the lines of you get what you pay for.

I did my kitchen about 15 months ago and put in Baumatic...which I understand is a "downmarket" Bosch by another name. I've had a Bosch front loader washing machine for about 3 years which cleans well and hasn't had any problems so was happy to try the Baumatic brand.

Much cheaper tho'.....I think I paid a little under 2 grand for underbench stove, gas hob and a 90cm rangehood with curved glass surround.

So far so good. Seems to cook well and nothing seems to have gone wrong.

By the way, make sure that the stove you get has 2 elements....it can be hard to tell as the bottom element is often inbuilt.....cheaper models often only have only a top element.

A single element just doesn't cook as well. And whilst I'm sure you will never use it so probably don't care, it's the little things that upset the cook....and makes them want to move on!

It's usually kitchens and bathrooms that "sell" a house...and I think probably the same holds true for rentals. I've had more than one tenant tell me that the reason they moved into one of my rentals was because of the kitchen.

Reminds me of that old adage.....penny wise, pound foolish

Comment

Dear Ahar

I have 8 Parmco ovens in rentals and they have been great. These are the half size ovens. A thermostat problem with one oven only. The ovens are now 4 years old and working well.
          Charlotte30

Comment

Originally posted by charlotte30 View Post
            Dear Ahar

I have 8 Parmco ovens in rentals and they have been great. These are the half size ovens. A thermostat problem with one oven only. The ovens are now 4 years old and working well.
            Charlotte30
            Brilliant....just what was wanted...a personal reference from someone who has used the product.

I have another stove to replace and will check out the prices of Parmco.

And as for my electrician.....turns out he doesn't like Baumatic either
            Last edited by Ahar; 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM. Reason: grrrr....spelling

Comment

Yip they are good appliances, I have a couple in rentals and they work fine
              Last edited by shanecarruthers; 08-08-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanecarruthers View Post
                Yip they are good appliances, I have a copy in rentals and they work fine
                Mmmmm....do you mean Parmco or Baumatic?

Comment

Oops was supposed to read "a couple" ... Parmco

Comment

Baumatic Dishwashers

I have 8 Baumatic dishwashers in my rentals for approximately 4 years. I have had a couple of leaking drain hoses in that time. No other problems. These are the 450mm wide dishwashers. I have found to my cost that Electricians do not necessarily know how to fix appliances. Appliance Repair companies have a better idea of what is a good model/brand and are very quick with diagnosis.
                    Charlotte30
                    Last edited by charlotte30; 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Have just put in a Parmco stove with ceramic hob at home - all good so far; certainly better than the Classique (Mitre 10) one it replaced.
                      DFTBA

Comment

Thanks all, WE're looking at this for our PPOR, and going for middle - top end (by parmco standards) applinaces.

We've decided to go for Parmco as the saving over Westinghouse, F&P etc for similar spec'd kit are considerable.

Worst case we replace it in 5 years with a "MEGA DREAM KITCHEN" oven.

Comment

Jesus wept. You people put Parmco and Classique in your own homes!?

Have you no shame?

Aren't you at all concerned by the things dinner party guests discuss after they've left?

"Did you see their kitchen appliances?" (in hushed whispers).

Comment

I have had a Parmco dishwasher for 6 years now and have had no problems with it. As an aside, I have had 2 'Indesit' washers, one which lasted less than a year and one slightly less then 3 years - stay away! I also have a 'Classique' washing machine which has proved itself very reliable and was very reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
                              Jesus wept. You people put Parmco and Classique in your own homes!?

Have you no shame?

Aren't you at all concerned by the things dinner party guests discuss after they've left?

"Did you see their kitchen appliances?" (in hushed whispers).
                              The kitchen is for the cook. If I make the mistake of inviting any "My Kitchen Rules" type social climbers into my home then they'll just have to settle for being wowed by the fine wines emerging from the painstakingly selected cellar I've built up over the years :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X