• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi sbw

Thanks for that info. I contacted a PM there and got a similar answer

Cheers

Comment

Bootz,

are you looking at this http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-375443774.htm ?

Ford st is off Cameron rd - student central. Quite a lot of burglaries and parties (I lived in a new apartment on Greensboro st while I studies - just around the corner).

A lot of new apartments have popped up in the area of the past 3 years.

University is 5 minutes walk so you are always going to have students wanting a place to rent but quite seasonal I would think.

Lyon st - ok... ish. The st the runs parrell to it (Primrose) my partner use to work at the early childhood center there. Primrose has a couple of dodgy houses. Quite a lot of new apartments going up in that sort of area. Pretty close to town too. In my opinion a good area for capital gain in maybe 8-10 years.

Comment

Off-Thread-Topic a Bit . . . .

But, any Hamilton PMs / LLs got a recommendation for a good
        • garden-tidy person

and a
        • handyman / carpenter.

Some some small repairs and cosmetic touch-ups, plus
        a good tidy around the gardens and waterblasting out
        the cracks in impress paving, etc.

The focus is on better presentation for sale of a rental.

Comment

( fastest growing city in NZ apparently???)
          I thought Queenstown was..(population % wise)

I follow few potential Deals In Hamilton and the rest of NZ, IN GENERAL my observation is that investors expecting higher returns / Yields at any "secondary" location to Auckland.

And / but lately I do notice that some local investors in those secondary location buy at ways regarded to be good yields in AKL like 7%-8%

In general I believe Hamilton is good place to invest provided the price is right, I would put it in the same group of NZ major cities.
          Last edited by muppet; 25-07-2011, 12:46 PM. Reason: typos
          New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
          FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
          CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Hi everyone.
            I am looking to buy in Hamilton but don't know much about the areas.
            Have looked at a couple in Nawton & bader. Would you guys still advice me to stear clear of these areas or have they gone bit better lately?
            I am looking to invest in two properties approx 250k each
            I can't find any high yield properties else where.
            Any suggestions please.

Comment

Nawton and Bader are two of the worse areas in Hamilton, and generally I would steer clear of these two. But it does depend on what you are after!

For these areas your property management will be harder, so I would definitely suggest using a property manager!

Ross
              Book a free chat here
              Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Which areas do you recomand Ross ?
                New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
                FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
                CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Close to CBD is always a good starting point.

With big developments at the Base/ Te Awa, I quite like areas between CBD and the Base, so St Andrews is quite good to look at. A mixture of nice and not so nice, and also close to river, golf course etc.

Close to the river is also good.

Round Hospital is good for tenants, but a lot of the land has been developed, so harder to get good buys in that area.

Ross
                  Book a free chat here
                  Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Starplus director barred from running company for record-breaking nine years
                    The multi-million dollar debt trail left by the failure of a Waikato building company has led to the director being handed a record-breaking nine year prohibition on running another company.

However, those impacted by the company failure say a ban for life would be more appropriate.

Richard Zongyan Lee, director of Starplus Homes Ltd, has been barred from directing or managing another company until 2024, after his business collapsed owing $35 million - $18m of that to unsecured creditors.

Lee could not be contacted for comment, nor was found to be living - or listed in the electoral roll - at the most recent address he is associated with by the Companies Office.
                    Last edited by donna; 04-06-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bootz1 View Post
                      Hi

Can anyone help me? I just need a second opinion on investing in areas like Hillcrest (ford st) and Frankton(lyon st). Any comments would be much appreciated!
                      Lyon Street in Frankton is a good area and good rental return. I have great tenants in Lyon Street and other areas of Frankton.
                      www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                      # Property Management
                      # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                        Starplus director barred from running company for record-breaking nine years

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...ing-nine-years
                        A number of lots were impacted by Starplus' downfall in Addison, Takanini!
                        There are a large number of lots with only the wooden frame up for a number of months over winter before they were purchased by other developers. I pity those who purchased those homes not knowing that their wooden frame had been exposed to rain for a number of months!
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management
                        # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                          I pity those who purchased those homes not knowing that their wooden frame had been exposed to rain for a number of months!
                          Does it affect it if they dried out before the linings etc went on?

Comment

They will never be the same. We got caught with this with a builder years ago out west Auckland. The houses are never as good nothing is straight and you can end up with hidden issues over time.

Comment

Straight I can understand (and is generally visible) but hidden issues?

Comment

Working...
                              X