Best Way to Invest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Invest

Studies have shown that some who come into substantial amounts of money thru lawsuits, lottery, family inheritance etc. DONT spend wisely nor do some invest. In todays society with the financial letdowns or breakdowns WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR MONEY? Some say Real Estate, shares, stocks, bonds, opening a small business, litigation etc... Let us hear your thoughts...

foxnews12.
    blogspot.
    com
    /2010/02/nypd-wrongful-arrest-suit.html

I'd not tell anybody that I'd won the money, I'd then put the money on "Call" with my local bank.

Then I'd grin, dance, grin some more and dance some more.

After six months, after mentally spending it a gazillion times, I'd know what was my priority and what wasn't.

Would I tell my children - probably not. Would I give them a SMALL amount of money - probably. Then I'd sit and watch how they spent/invested that money.

I'd take time off "work", travel, have fun - and then maybe in five, six, seven (whatever) years time, I'd consider growing up and doing something responsible. But in the meantime, the principal is in the Bank accruing interest every day.

Well, that's my thoughts today anyway. Could be a whole different case IF I ever won any money.
    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

"Well, that's my thoughts today anyway. Could be a whole different case IF I ever won any money."

Such theoretical self control Essence- bet you couldn't resist the temptation to immediately have a celebration & buy a few toys/ treats.
      Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Such theoretical self control Essence
        You said it!! I wonder if it would be considered intellectual self-flagellation!!!

I'd probably only upgrade by 15 year old car to a 5 year old car. My house is okay and doesn't need renovating, my clothes are reasonably fashionable, I've had a haircut this year, so that pretty much me for the year, apart from that, what does one NEED???

And I don't buy into the "The person who's got the Most toys, wins" situation. I'm not much of a "toy" person.

I'll send u a PM if I win some big money.
        Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I would start up a small business maybe a store and will continue to invest more in properties all over the world, for better listings and better income. We should spend our money wisely and the good thing about money is it flows to palm then can go back double if managed in an effective way.

Comment

I will probably go for bank investments, and dream businesses like farms, offices, buildings and houses for rent. I would probably not tell it to anyone also, I will probably restore my old car and my van. I will transfer into a better house and celebrate only with my family...... got to go and check the winning lottery, incidentally I bought a ticket two days ago, wish me luck.

Comment

Most of it would end up in a term deposit for 3 months. I'd take a cruise for a few weeks as there is forced time away from the temptations of buying flash stuff. I'd have some blow money to just spend on whatever.

Depending on the amount I'd split the winnings up 30% commercial property, 30% local shares, 20% international shares, 20% seed money for other businesses and start-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisToulson
                ..... and also open a business, probably a liquor store, butchery or funeral parlor.
                If you set up in New Jersey, you could make it a one stop shop and combine all three.

Comment

I would:
                  1) Buy a block of run down flats in a good area
                  2) Renovate
                  3) Pass on to a property manager to manage
                  4) Resign from current job
                  5) Overseas Holiday

Comment

This is a fun thread, I haven't seen it before for some reason!

I love houses although I have no idea why, so I'd buy more. Following recent events I'd spread myself around NZ a bit.
                    Then I'd go volunteer in some strange but reasonably safe country for a total change.

Comment

I'd put enough of the cash somewhere very safe to make sure I'd never starve. Then I'd buy an offshore island, make it into a pest-free sanctuary and save some birds. Or amybe buy a chunk of the south island high country and save some kea. They're in deep shit.

I suspect I'd have to win very big in lotto to afford this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aikio Garnes View Post
                        Studies have shown that some who come into substantial amounts of money thru lawsuits, lottery, family inheritance etc. DONT spend wisely nor do some invest. In todays society with the financial letdowns or breakdowns WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR MONEY? Some say Real Estate, shares, stocks, bonds, opening a small business, litigation etc... Let us hear your thoughts...

foxnews12.
                        blogspot.
                        com
                        /2010/02/nypd-wrongful-arrest-suit.html
                        There was a rather nerdy UK PHD study that attempted to check this and they found that it was an urban myth that people who win money are quickly poor and unhappy. On the contrary they found that people who won money without earning were still in general happier and rich (sorry to everyone who hopes that they aren't). The main cause attributed to this, was the same thing we all dream about - they had options, which gave them better freedom and consequentially happiness.

You say, 'some people' so I'm not debating your post. I just thought that the urban myth about people winning money then losing it all quickly and being miserable shouldn't be perpetuated.
                        Last edited by MarkButThis; 25-06-2011, 11:46 PM.
                        Monkey see, monkey do

Comment

I may tell it to anyone, I may recover my old car and my car. I will move to a better house, only to celebrate with my family.

Comment

I would pay all my debts and keep the rest of the money save on my local bank

Comment

I would buy a lifestyle property close to the beach and head to South America to explore.

Comment

Working...
                              X