returning bond to tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returning bond to tenants

I have a circumstance where a bond is to be signed off and returned to the tenants listed on the original bond lodgement form. However the tenants are now at war amongst themselves as to how the bond should be split and as to who gets what.
    Have others come accross this situation and how did they handle it or is it just a case of letting the waring parties sort out their own fights.

Don't stress. There's no regulation, law stating a minimum time frame for returning the bond. Just don't sign until all have sorted it out and can come to an agreement. It's not as if it's your money anyway. Their money and their problem.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Totally agree with keys.

OMG!! I must be sick.
      Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Yes - have had this before and
        refused to get involved- it is thier problem to sort out amongst themselves. Keys is right- it is thier money and thier problem.

Comment

Mind your own problem since it's not yours, don't mind them. Lol! Just wait until they come up with a peace talk and let an agreement be made.

Comment

Send a dated letter asking for a bank account to deposit the bond return into. When you get an account deposit it. Let them sort everything else out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunning View Post
              Send a dated letter asking for a bank account to deposit the bond return into. When you get an account deposit it. Let them sort everything else out.
              Doesn't quite work that way.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

I enjoy taking sides.
                There is nothing like a decent scrap to make my day.
                The tenant I like gets to sign the bond refund form to send the whole lot to me. You only have to get one of the tenants to sign to get the whole lot to you. I then pay him out and the rest sits in my account till the rest of them come begging.

Comment

Working...
                X