I believe I have a solution for the current economic condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe I have a solution for the current economic condition

I believe I have a solution for the current economic condition. Considering the billions of dollars being poured into revitalizing the economy, I think that this idea would work. It's even complicated and confusing enough to satisfy the most ardent civil servant. Of course, there are some stipulations attached.

Politicians at any level do not qualify. The recipients must have been born in this country. Also, all levels of government must cap current overheads such as taxes.

Grocers, lawyers, homebuilders, appliance manufacturers, foreign automakers, foreign oil and gas companies, foreign communication companies, foreign mining companies, forestry companies, construction companies, etc. must also have their current prices capped, thereby preventing outrageous inflation.

People convicted of criminal actions do not qualify either. That leaves, I think, the average consumer.

Now, the solution you've been waiting for: Give the remaining population a lump sum of $1 million each. This will give the general public the necessary disposable income to keep spending or investing. It's also a lot cheaper.

We don't have a population of 40 billion. The drug dealers and addicts will take care of themselves as they are doing now. By the time this economic downturn rights itself, most of these recipients will be back to where they were anyway: no further ahead, just as the government likes, and the cycle will start again. The banks aren't saddled with foreclosures and everybody is happy.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

...preventing outrageous inflation
    Give the remaining population a lump sum of $1 million each.
    You'd have to freeze all prices for those to both exist... in other words, convert to communism.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

The old Carl Barks masterpiece 'A Financial Fable' comes to mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Financial_Fable
      High resolution Fractal Art on quality canvas: www.FractalArt.co.nz

Comment

I read a similar suggestion for america. It was giving 60yo $x to retire early (freeing up jobs) but that had to last them as no super (the amount may have been different) and they had to buy a new car - an american car (again creating jobs). I think there was something else they had to buy.

Unfortunatly these sort of ideas come from Muppets so no one takes them seriously.

Comment

Uh, let's suppose half of NZ's population qualify. Then that's 2 million x 1 million. That's a lot of billions. 2000 billion, to be precise.

Shame, really. I'd like a million bucks for nothing.

Comment

What proportion of the population is NZ born?

You'd also stop house price inflation, as all the disgruntled expats left NZ's shores for more egalitarian ones!
            DFTBA

Comment

Working...
            X