Tips for Engaging a Contractor to Build Your Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Engaging a Contractor to Build Your Web Site

For any small business thinking about getting a web site built I recommend the following steps:

1. Research. Look at your competitors web sites. What do they have on their site? Don’t freak out if the site looks like a million bucks – they probably took years to build it and sometimes its not the flash effects that people want – its normally facts and information. I would also recommend getting your customers involved in the research process as well. Ask them what they would like to see and also ask them for testimonials to add to your web site.

2. Search. Think about key search words that people would use to locate your product online. Look at each web site that comes up on the first page of search results. Have a good look at what they are showing on their web site. This will give you some ideas for your own web site. Do they have articles? A blog? Product reviews? You can add these features to your web site at a latter date (if and only if your customers and prospects ask for it!).

Read more:: http://businessblogs.co.nz/2009/07/0...your-web-site/

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

One of the most important things for web designers is taking the time to understand the client's business. Without some knowledge of the market they are involved in, it is hard to build a web site that is directed to the right people in the right way.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Working...
    X