Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gangster Areas of Papakura - who has a good knowledge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Whats the word on a street like Maadi Pl near McLennan Park ?

Anyone heard anything good or bad about that street?

Thanks
    Richard

Comment

That's a relatively new street, but the general area around Renwick St is good. More than half the houses on Maadi are clearly rentals, with one HNZ owned.

Comment

Hi all

Well I drove around the Milson Drive area couple times times now and would like to share my short "itinerary"......

I went on Saturday morning drivng around trying to get that "feeling" and while talking to the property owner, a copter flew overhead us a few times but I thought it happens in all neighborhoods so it did not concern me terribly that day but it did left a mark in my mind....

So I went again on Sunday afternoon but this time focus more around the "uncertain" parts close by (Settlement road, President Ave etc) and was driving on the lower areas of Red hill when I crossed paths with 4 or 5 Harley Davidson; huge fellas.....now I'm no longer superstitious but to me it's like "black cats crossing my path"

I did drove around Maadi Pl, I don't know the inside but from the outside it looks newish and nice, kinda remains me of Manukau heights but still too close to Red Hill........

Comment

Hello Norman,

Been a while since you last posted, have you decided anything?
          Last edited by franky; 09-04-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Hi franky

After those two experiences I decided not to go ahead with that property, so I'm trying to find a good safe area as recommended by Dean and Bluekiwi and other folks who has taken the time to answer our questions; Takinini, Clover Park, Wattle downs doesn't seem that expensive IMHO.....
            What about you franky??

Comment

Hi Norman,

Currently looking at Takanini and Connifer Grove. Connifer grove does not have too many listings per my criteria.. Takanini looks like a good bet, with southgate shopping center, Bruce pulman park, councils plan for electric train and other new developments. Did see a couple of new builds in central papakura, but had to let it go, either too far or bit too expensive for me. Good luck with your search Norman!

Comment

What about Keri vista rise? Brand new homes for $595 000
                http://Www.renopro.nz

Comment

Originally posted by franky View Post
                  Hi Norman,

Currently looking at Takanini and Connifer Grove. Connifer grove does not have too many listings per my criteria.. Takanini looks like a good bet, with southgate shopping center, Bruce pulman park, councils plan for electric train and other new developments. Did see a couple of new builds in central papakura, but had to let it go, either too far or bit too expensive for me. Good luck with your search Norman!
                  You do realise that Fletcher has bought the local Golf Course and is putting in 500 homes? So what is already a bottleneck traffic situation will get even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dood View Post
                    What about Keri vista rise? Brand new homes for $595 000
                    Did a bit of research on Internet and also drove around the keri vista. People on the net say keri vista is quite and nice to live on. I personaly have mixed feelings about this street. Very nice houses up on the hill (probably up to 800k+ values), mixed ethnicity... Maori and Europeans, haven't seen Indian or Asian except agents. No playgrounds for kids though and very unusual feel (empty and unsecure) maybe because the street and area around is still being half way through construction.
                    Last edited by MAXNZ; 25-04-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXNZ View Post
                      Did a bit of research on Internet and also drove around the keri vista. People on the net say keri vista is quite and nice to live on. I personaly have mixed feelings about this street. Very nice houses up on the hill (probably up to 800k+ values), mixed ethnicity... Maori and Europeans, haven't seen Indian or Asian except agents. No playgrounds for kids though and very unusual feel (empty and unsecure) maybe because the street and area around is still being half way through construction.
                      Hi,

I'm looking at buying my first investment property. There will be some sections coming available at the very top of keri vista for house land packages on crest view rise. What are your thoughts of this area? From what I've seen it looks nice with all new builds etc, wonderful views. However am aware of the dodgy area below at the bottom of the hill. Would this impact on rental ability, safety, burglaries etc? These properties won't be ready for two years. would like to buy new. Would love some advice!
                      Thanks in advance
                      Last edited by Sass; 08-06-2015, 10:09 PM. Reason: Missed some words

Comment

This area would not suit my buying rules anymore

Originally posted by Sass View Post
                        Hi,

I'm looking at buying my first investment property. There will be some sections coming available at the very top of keri vista for house land packages on crest view rise. What are your thoughts of this area? From what I've seen it looks nice with all new builds etc, wonderful views. However am aware of the dodgy area below at the bottom of the hill. Would this impact on rental ability, safety, burglaries etc? These properties won't be ready for two years. would like to buy new. Would love some advice!
                        Thanks in advance
                        There are posts on here regarding Kerr vista and the post that helped me decide regarding my own situation was along the lines of " the houses are nicer than the suburb" ....enough said

Comment

There are posts on here regarding Kerr vista and the post that helped me decide regarding my own situation was along the lines of " the houses are nicer than the suburb" ....enough said
                          Also, if this is your first investment property then well done. However for your next and subsequent properties, try and look at leafy suburbs where there are more owner occupiers than tenanted properties.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yea first investment! A bit hesitant! I've seen the other thread on keri vista. Thanks. So your saying that the new houses don't make up for a bad area?
                            We've been advised to go for a new build to Cut down on maintenance costs.

Comment

I was up there just last week, something just does not feel right about the area, my thoughts are the houses are nice but the area is no good. Although it could all change if FHB's move in, I know a lot of investors brought at the bottom of the hill and it all turned to crap, too many IP's can create a not so nice feel to the neibourhood. Stick to the leafy suburbs.

FH
                              "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                                I was up there just last week, something just does not feel right about the area, my thoughts are the houses are nice but the area is no good. Although it could all change if FHB's move in, I know a lot of investors brought at the bottom of the hill and it all turned to crap, too many IP's can create a not so nice feel to the neibourhood. Stick to the leafy suburbs.

FH
                                Hi

thanks, my gut feeling is telling me not to go there.

Ok, so here's a question. If you had $600k where would you buy?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X