Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gangster Areas of Papakura - who has a good knowledge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangster Areas of Papakura - who has a good knowledge ?

Okay besides east of the railway line, does anyone have a good knowledge of Papakura and the streets not to buy in ??

I think pooomba (Dean Letfus) invests there.

Paul.

Comment

Yeah from Deans DVD series I know he has a primary zone he farms, maybe he could alert me so I can stay out of that specific zone so I dont get burnt by his expertise.

Comment

Stick to Rosehill Zone to be safe. The worst streets are Cargill, Bates, Orion, Smiths Ave, especially the far end, President Ave. The whole Red Hill area at the bottom of the hill is a mess. There are some nice homes in there that used to be owner occupiers but very rough now.

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba View Post
          Stick to Rosehill Zone to be safe. The worst streets are Cargill, Bates, Orion, Smiths Ave, especially the far end, President Ave. The whole Red Hill area at the bottom of the hill is a mess. There are some nice homes in there that used to be owner occupiers but very rough now.
          Hahah... thats great Dean.

Thats funny as I have been looking at 3 - 4 places in Cargill Street and the Red Hill area....

I did actually see the change in the environment and the feeling of the area while driving through.

My gut instinct told me I should follow up with a post on here.

Thanks Paul.

Comment

The pizza delivery man, Michael Choy was killed in Red Hills. Life's pretty cheap around there.

Used to sell commercial real estate in Papakura. So drove all around there. Dean is right. Stay out of all that BlueKiwi, you might get a good yield on paper but properties would be a nightmare to mangage around there. All the good tenants would move out, only the baddies would rent in those streets.

David
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

We have a couple of places in Orion St and they have been one our best performing properties. We actually lived there for a while.
              I think the bottom of Red hill is the really bad part and it just gets better the further you go.

Allan

Comment

I'm assuming your places are on the city end? The far end is very scary, and floods terribly to boot, (unless it's changed a lot in the last 12 months)

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba View Post
                  I'm assuming your places are on the city end? The far end is very scary, and floods terribly to boot, (unless it's changed a lot in the last 12 months)
                  Thats the one,we have always had good tenants and apart from some old lady stealing one of my newly planted Yuccas they have been great.

In reguard to the floods didn't the council lift the houses up that got flooded creating a free basement.

Comment

Yes but it's pretty wet a lot of the time. Not good for tenants.

Comment

Listen to Dean

He is the expert here

I know Papakura and Dean knows it better than me

If I need help in this area - Dean is the expert

Comment

flooding in papakura?

Hi Dean and Allen,

Can you guys please shed some light on this flooding issue in papakura.
                        Id like to know more about it. i'm currently searching for property in the far end. Were you talking about the far end as in redcrest dominion road, or far end of orion where it bends onto smith.

Yesterday i got an offer accepted for a house around dominion / eastburn / sheehan road area.
                        but have 7 days due dilligence

i'll head down to the council on monday but was wondering if anyone in the forum can tell me a bit more about it. i noticed some rather large cess pit / drain holes when driving along a few of the roads. Are the large drains a fix for the flood problems or is it still prone to bad flooding.

What is the history of this flooding, when was the last flood in that area?

Also with regards to the gangster areas of papakura, i agree that red crest seems really gangster, but presidents ave, orion street, smiths didn't look to bad to me. Seemed safe enough to walk the streets, people seemed to say hi politely when walking past. Bates was bad though, got a few odd looks and taunts from a group of rough looking teens across the road from me.

Mech
                        Last edited by mechatronic; 28-03-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I dropped into Redhill last Sat evening (about 6pm)just to see whats there & there is a definite Housing Corp tenant feel about all the new houses at the bottom of the hill -shame really, could have been a good area.
                          Up on the hill it was much nicer (Keri Vista drive)
                          good views from there looking west.

Interestingly, as we were lurking around, a van came along & .....
                          no, we weren't robbed or mugged !

it was the local church Paster on a neighbourhood watch run.
                          We spent quite a while with him.....
                          No, not under arrest & waiting for the cops !

He was proudly telling us about the very high profile they are taking in the area, working closely with the cops & council, to try to stop the spread of the badies from below up onto the hill.
                          very commendable, hopefully it is successful & it does good things for the houses down there.
                          Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Some years ago the council approved a whole lot of houses in a flood plain and then had to fork out to lift them all. Just drive down Orion st next time your out there and as you go down the dip you'll notice that the houses come up.

Allan

Comment

Yep you can't miss them they all have trellis basements for easier flow.

It's a rough part of town but people have to live somewhere. Smiths is cleaning up a bit city end but that whole area is rough.

Being out of Rosehill zone is bad enough but buying in the worst part of the worst part of Papakura?, I'd think twice.

I own a lot of property in Papakura and wouldn't buy outside of Rosehill zone under any circumstances again.

Comment

Working...
                              X