Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database issues

Hello all,

Currently we are experiencing high traffic load which is causing our database server to go on strike. We are looking into it today and will try and fix it ASAP.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

How did you go?
    Did you work out wheer the traffic was coming from?

Comment

Hello whitt,

Not yet.

Cheers

Marc
      Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Hi Whitt,

Since beg. of August 08 we have almost doubled our traffic - a good problem to have I suppose now our new server just needs to get on board and be happy delivering to large numbers of connections.

Just a bit of tweaking I suspect.....says the non-techie!

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I am involved with another forum elsewhere too and have similar problem. Traffic at some times of day make site nearly stop working.

Comment

A rash of well-publicized database hacking incidents brings security to the forefront of issues facing the database community. These links will help you ensure that your database systems are secure from unauthorized access.
            Decryption:-
            Authentication is the process of confirming a user or computer’s identity. The process normally consists of four steps:
            1. The user makes a claim of identity, usually by providing a username. For example, I might make this claim by telling a database that my username is “mchapple”.
            2. The system challenges the user to prove his or her identity. The most common challenge is a request for a password.
            3. The user responds to the challenge by providing the requested proof. In this example, I would provide the database with my password
            4. The system verifies that the user has provided acceptable proof by, for example, checking the password against a local password database or using a centralized authentication server
            Testing For SQL Injection Vulnerabilities:-
            SQL Injection attacks pose tremendous risks to web applications that depend upon a database backend to generate dynamic content. In this type of attack, hackers manipulate a web application in an attempt to inject their own SQL commands into those issued by the database. In this article, we take a look at several ways you can test your web applications to determine whether they're vulnerable to SQL Injection attacks.

Comment

Working...
            X