Weatherside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherside

My house was clad in a product like 'Weatherside'. However, I am having trouble identifying the manafacturer because I understand Weatherside was withdrawn in the 80's. My home was manafactured in the early 90's. Can anyone help me identify this product and its manafacturer. Description: rusticated appearence, single board looks like 2, longitudinal lines, painted white, and of course is composed of brown fibrous material. Many thanks, C

Hi,

Does this help at all?

Have a question or tip about improving the value of your investment property?
    DFTBA

Comment

Thanks Cube,

I've seen the thread, cheers. It doesn't help me altogether because I want to know who the manafacturer of the product is. U have any idea?

Chris

Comment

I'll tell you if you withdraw & destroy all copies of that crap music you infected the 80's with.

Comment

Come on kiwi its not that bad.

Its pleasant and soothing. Music to vacuum by.

Comment

It was made by Hardies.
            They supplied replacement hardiplanks to anyone who wanted it.
            The stuff turns to weatbix once the water gets into it.
            If you keep it well painted and weathertight it will last.
            Eventually you will need to replace it with hardiplanks at your cost.

Comment

I believe we are about to have some enormous problems with another product made by Hardies.
              That being hardietex. It has been withdrawn from the market but thousands of homes were clad in it in the late 90,s early 2000,s.

I have pity for any one who owns a home clad with this product.

Comment

What is wrong with Hardietex?

I know this product is used in buildings with weathertightness issues - is there some fault inherent in this product that causes such issues?

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
                  What is wrong with Hardietex?

I know this product is used in buildings with weathertightness issues - is there some fault inherent in this product that causes such issues?

Paul.

Not so much a fault with the product but severe faults with the way it was installed.

Many builders cut corners in installing this cladding by leaving out essential flashings etc and the problems will arise when water gets in the wall cavity as there is no way for it to get out.

Hardies were very quick to withdraw this product once leaky homes issues came to the fore but that will not help the thousands of people who own homes poorly clad with this product.

The time bomb is ticking.

Comment

Weatherside

Weatherside, I understand, was manufactured by Fletcher Wood Panels who then sold the manufacturing rights to James Hardie. James Hardie made payouts to a number of claimants, the homeowners of the day, back in the 80s

I owned a house with Weatherside on it and when I contacted JH I was told the previous owners had been compensated and the cut off date for claims had passed.

Weathertex is a cladding that looks similar (dark brown, 9.5mm thick ), but is made of Australian hardwood (not pine) and only comes in 3.6m lengths.

Comment

Working...
                    X