No announcement yet.

Round Taupo and Bike The Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotorua was awesome and I recommend anyone looking for a sprint race to look at doing it. Pretty flat and fast with generous spot prizes. A girlfriend and I got round 2 laps in 3 hours, another did her 1 lap on a basic mountain bike and finished just before us. There are gun riders and complete novices there. A good all rounders event.

Taupo is another thing altogether.
    Charging enough rent?
    NZ Scams to Avoid
    Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Agree with Sarah's comments. Taupo coming up will also be great, albeit a longer and harder event than Rotorua.

My goal is to replace my earned income with passive income......woops wrong goal, hoping to do under 7hrs around the lake this year!!!!

Comment

However doing the first will certainly help you acheive the second!
        Charging enough rent?
        NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Ride Safe and Have Fun

Go well all PropertyTalkers in the Round the Lake on the weekend.

Send your photos in for our gallery.

Cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

My ride turned out to only be 72k and I did it in 2.52. What a blast!

I can't wait to do the whole thing. I don't even feel like I've been for a ride - beforehand I was totally freaked by the hills but they weren't so bad were they?

My average speed was 25k and I'd like to think that next year with the right training I can get below the 6hour mark too. Any longer and it just starts to seem like a very long, hard day. Part of the fun is in being prepared, riding well, and not slogging it out. People were still finishing while we were back at the motel sipping bubbly. Rather them than me

Sarah
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Well done Sarahk!

Geez there's no doubting your fitness! I have been inspired and just dusted the cobwebs off my mountain bike for some gentle cycling in flat Kapiti.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Well done Sarah !!!

I did the whole thing in 6hrs 02mins which is a bloody record for an old bugger like me !!! Last year I did 7hrs 07. But weren't the conditions great for it !!!

I second all your comments re the ride too. Was good fun, now I can ease up, have BBQ's drink some beer and put all that weight back on................

Comment

Anyone interested in running events of any kind should head down next year and check out the management of the event. Quite remarkable. 12,000 riders, who knows how many supporters and it was awesome.

The funniest bit was probably on the bus on the way back as it struggled up a hill or two and we all felt smug and commented that we could have cycled up more quickly.

As for the weather - fantastic! Everyone I know who had done it before had a personal best.
                  Charging enough rent?
                  NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

And probably the best thing was to watch the lady on crutches win the Toyota at prizegiving. It was just amazing.

and yes, the organisation of this event is out of this world. Absolutely flawless.

Comment

That was pretty good, wasn't it kalovatt?

What about the 13yr old that did the ride in 4:12? Unreal.

I have a new goal for next year - I'm doing the 320km enduro. Training started this morning.

Closer to the time next year, I'll start a thread like this one (if someone else doesn't beat me too it), and we'll organise a get-together of some sort.

Paul.

Comment

I heard a 70 year old did it only 30min slower than the winner. Urban myth or true I am not sure yet.

Comment

I used to do a Monday night ride with Planet Cycles (until little commitments like APIA put an end to it) and one of the guys there would be getting on a bit (but not 70, surely?). He did it in 5.15!

Shows Gary Ulmer (Sarah's dad) did it in 4.26
                          Last edited by sarahk; 26-11-2007, 04:43 PM.
                          Charging enough rent?
                          NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Umm I feel there could be a charity event coming up

What if we can get some sort of sponsorship going for the PropertyTalkers doing this event next year.

If we can work out what we can do and who the $$ should go to then PropertyTalk will donate an initial $100.

If we start now we should be able to raise some good $$ by the event next year?

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

more on this idea.....

...we could get photos of the entrants (in their cycling gear optional) and run a thread on the charity event. On the day a cheque can be given to the charity once the last propertytalker crosses the line.

How does this sound?

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Originally posted by sarahk View Post

Shows Gary Ulmer (Sarah's dad) did it in 4.26
                                Wow good time. That was the rider I heard. He is around 70 yers old. Awesome work

Comment

Working...
                                X