No announcement yet.

Tribunal orders are on line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was actaully wondering how long it takes for the TT to load the orders - does anyone know? I need to post about a tenant who got away with arrears of over $3000 and the order isn't on line yet - when it was sealed in March.

If he was given another tenancy - he will default - he has a hoard of debt collectors after him.

Cheers

Comment

• Have a look at the first post
      of this newly combined thread:
      Media Statement
      Tenancy Tribunal orders available online
      17 October 2007
      Last edited by Perry; 06-05-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• The site is down . Apparently the "tenancy orders" are only available for viewing for up to 36 months[ 3 years]:
        The majority of tenancy Tribunal decisions are posted on line but not all orders are made public due to legal requirements or an adjudicator's decision to not permit publication of the decision. Records may be accessed online for 36 months following the hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
          The site is down . Apparently the "tenancy orders" are only available for viewing for up to 36 months[ 3 years]:
          The majority of tenancy Tribunal decisions are posted on line but not all orders are made public due to legal requirements or an adjudicator's decision to not permit publication of the decision. Records may be accessed online for 36 months following the hearing.

Does anyone know why those orders that are published can only be accessed for 36 months? That would mean that our ex tenant will be paying us back longer than her record can be viewed by other potential lls.
          Will the tt order still show on the tinz website when one does a tenant background check?

Comment

• Just checked.

The site is up.

And running ........................

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

• Hi Glenn

i hope you could help as I recently have bad experience with "Free casual Letting" services. Which tribunal will deal with the case of bad conduct as letting agent.

Thanks

Comment

• Oh no.
                I have been desperately wanting some information re past cases.
                The Justice department tribunals on line web site appears to have crashed.
                Has anyone else noticed that.

Comment

• Have been trying for the last half hour. Glad it's not just my computer then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justme View Post
                    Have been trying for the last half hour. Glad it's not just my computer then.
                    I thought the same thing. What with my normal heaps of pages open at the same time it looked like a slow computer.
                    I tried it on I think Friday and it was not working then either.
                    I just picked up some rotten tenants to kick out of a new rental management so was interested in their dark history.
                    These lovelies owe an unbelievable $3700. The owner has lost money and a friend now. Tenancy agreement set up via face book.
                    Goodness some mothers do have them.
                    If you or anyone gets the tribunal web site to work post a message on this thread.

Comment

• It's working now. I'm in.

Comment

• If this happens again, I have access to the tenancy database through a separate source and can happily check things for you guys. Feel free to PM if it's urgent.

Comment

Comment

• Hi buddies, i am a tester too and now with a click of a mouse, can lodge an application online and can have video link,court conference,for example i dont have to be present in tribunals outside Auckland,really helpful if i want my opinion to be counted,thanks guys

Comment

• Searching for TT rulings using names with apostrophes / capitalisation in them

Not sure if this is best posted here, in the hope people bother to read the full sticky, or if I should start a new post for better initial visibility, although as Artemis points out non-sticky threads tend to drop off the radar over time.

I'll try here for now. Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but there's a lot of posts in this thread- I may have missed it.

--------

It turns out the search facility on the MoJ's website has a couple of quirks. (obviously not news if you're familiar with this topic)

• Normally, capitalisation doesn't matter - you can do all your searches in lower case if you want.

However if the name you're looking for has more than one capital in it, you need to specifically use that capitalistion. e.g. "E Mcknight" and "e mcnight" will find nothing, but "e McKnight" (or "e Mckn" for that matter) will return some results. Genuine example - try it.
                              • For names that have an apostrophe in them your search term has to include at least up to one character after the apostrophe plus (if I remember correctly) the correct capitalisation e.g. "e Fa'a" for "Eddie Fa'amasin", but not "e fa'a" or "e fa". I didn't think to note down a real world example of this when I found it though, but I'll have a look for one tonight and will edit this post if I find an example.
                              • And finally, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing the same applies for names with hyphens in them. Will also have a bit more of a play with this tonight to see if I can confirm it.

And while I'm at it, some more general tips on searching TT rulings. (Apologies if this is common knowledge for the experienced people here, but I while I was here I thought I might as well post them)

• When faced with a hyphenated name, remember to do searches with only the bit before the hyphen, plus only the bit after the hyphen.

i.e when searching for Anne Scott-Smith, remember to try that name, plus Anne Scott, plus Anne Smith. And similarly for Anna-Marie Smith.

People with a dodgy history and a hyphenated name (from a partner, or as their first name) have been known to do 'name shopping / swapping' to make it more difficult to research their history. They sometimes do it with first names too.
                              • I know this has been mentioned before, but if they have second, third and fourth names etc. in addition to their surname on their ID (you did get ID that lists all their names, didn't you?) you need to try those as first names as well. Just 'cos there are TT rulings under those names may not be conclusive, as other people might have those names in common, but it'll give you other suggestions to do Google / Facebook searches with.
                              • And if you're really serious, you may want to try common alternatives of names, in case previous landlords didn't get their formal names from their ID. I found the following two links. They're .ru addresses, but seem legit (website to learn useful English). If you're not happy following them, do some google searches on the theme of nicknames / alternative names.

Comment

• Hi Big Wal. Well done.
                                Here are a few more things that you and others should try / I have discovered in life's slimy trails.
                                The search engine permits wild cards! So you just enter the first few letters of a name then a *
                                Also if you have entered the address with no result just try putting in the street name without a number.
                                Amazing how many cases have been filed with the wrong street number.
                                Then one recent case. I could not find the tenants nor their partners by putting in their name and address . BUT when I did a TINZ credit check TINZ came up with the case reference? Not sure how that happened but it sure saved my bacon for another day.
                                The other thing to remember how many of these people have multiple names. The aliases often come up on Veda / TINZ. So remember use the alias name for the checks.
                                The other trick is often the applicant will often have a "friend / flat mate" who is going to live with them. This can often be a case of benefit fraud and is a bad flag. Good idea to do a search on those sweet innocent darlings also. Remember the saying "birds of a feather flock together."
                                The other puzzle for me is people of the same name. Genuinely two or more different people that just happen to have the same name.
                                It is a good idea to read the whole case. Often the flat mate / partner who might not even be a named tenant will be mentioned in the judgement. The chances of two different people with the same name also having the same named friend is pretty low. So this can give you a clue that you are dealing with a bad penny that pops up in various places around the country.
                                I am not sure if Nelson is different to other cities but we have a high number of people who seasonally move here in summer and on again when things get cooler. I am not sure of exact numbers migrating but Tenancy Services say Nelson is know to be very seasonal. There could be perhaps 1000 or more floating in and out.
                                Also it is a good idea to roll the parents name and address through the system. Oh yes before trying some random address good idea to pop the old address into google street view. You might be surprised how many people claim to have been living in non residential dwellings.
                                Of course if desperate for a tenant and the flat can take any one then by all means take a punt.

Comment

Working...
                                X