Joost invites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joost invites

Okay this is distinctly non-property related. I'm not sure how much you guys keep up with all things web 2 but there has been a lot of buzz about a new start up called Joost which offers TV on demand via the internet. It had been in closed beta testing, but it has now opened up to invite beta (like gmail was for so long) testing. I managed to wrangle an invite and can now give out an infinite number of the things so if you want an invite PM me your full name and email address (Sorry those are the details I need to invite you) you can read more about Joost here: https://www.joost.com/whatsjoost.html and here: http://lifehacker.com/software/joost...ost-253455.php

Cheers
    David
    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Apologies for going off topic David but you have just shown me how ignorant I am on matters computer.

What you have written is double Dutch to me. In fact, on that same subject, the only Joost I know is from Scheveningen.

Anyway, I'll step aside now and hope I haven't interupted your thread too much. Apologies again.

xris
    Last edited by xris; 03-05-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

No worries Xris, the topic is hardly on propertytalk topics anyway...
      Let me translate:
      Web 2, is a reference to a new way of using the internet, namely user generated content & particularly social networking and tagging/sorting. So see for example digg.com or stumbleupon. (Google them) Web 2 isn't actually really a new thing actually forums like PT are prime examples of the web 2 notion namely user created and regulated content.

However there have been a bundle of start up companies based around this general concept some offering some very interesting products such as netvibes (personalised home pages) google sheets (online editable spreadsheets). Joost is one of these companies and it offers a variety of TV channels on demand via your computer. It has a variety of social aspects built in such as user ratings and chats so you can instant message those watching the same thing as you.

Personally I am keen on it, simply because we don't have a TV here in the UK (£130 odd pounds is too much to pay a year for junk tv) so this gives us that occasional junk tv fix without having to pay.

Hope that clarified things
      Cheers
      David
      New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Joost was set-up by the same people that created Skype so it's main goal is lower cost for TV transmission, similar to what they have done for telephony over the Internet.

LK

Comment

Working...
        X