X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodey gets judgment against Jones in pay dispute

Goodey gets judgment against Jones in property spruiking pay dispute

Published 11 July 2012
    A dispute between 2 property speakers over earnings from the Millionaire Master VIP mentoring programme has resulted in a judgment requiring Phil Jones to pay Steve Goodey $396,000.

Mr Goodey obtained judgment by default against Mr Jones for breaches of contract in failing to ensure companies he controlled paid money owed to Mr Goodey. The matter went before Justice Patricia Courtney in the Auckland High Court to determine how much should be paid by formal proof, and the judge made her decision on the papers. She issued her decision on 3 July.

Last edited by donna; 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: shortened excerpt as required
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

I was involved in a coaching program with Phil Jones, who failed to abide by the agreement he made to pay me.
    To avoid the clients being left without service I completed delivery of the coaching program at my own expense for the 12 months as promised.

I believed that Mr Jones should be held to account for his actions and so I went about a 2 year process through the courts, which resulted in a High court order for $376,000 plus 5% interest on this outstanding amount from 4th of May 2010 ($38,000 approx), plus legal costs according to the high court scale.

I look forward to completion and payment of this court awarded debt shortly so that it doesn't become necessary to begin proceedings to liquidate Mr Jones both in New Zealand and the United States.

Regards

Steve Goodey

Comment

Liquidate is an interesting word, especially in that context.

Comment

Hi Steve....... kudos for doing the right thing by the customers and then worrying about the $$$$$ afterwards........a couple of questions if you don't mind.

$400k or there about I'd have chased pretty hard too..... what $$$ amount would you think you would have just gone "MEH!!" or was it about the principle???

Secondly I thought PJ was overseas is a NZ judgement/court order any good outside nz???

Cheers
        Spaceman

Comment

It makes you wonder what the chances of collecting on this would be?

Comment

there are many phil jones on the internet
            Last edited by donna; 14-07-2012, 04:19 PM. Reason: Yes we know who phil jones is - removed link to paepae
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

Caught my eye ...

Originally posted by eri View Post
              there are many phil jones on the internet

Last edited by donna; 14-07-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Yes we know who phil jones is - removed link to paepae
              Aw shucks. Is this what Dark Lord Voldemort feels like? "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

... well, in my case, linked to ...?

Even when it's relevant, Donna?

- P
              Peter Aranyi
              Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

Nothing personal Peter - remember you do have a link to your site in your signature.

Cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Cat Skinning 202

Yes, of course you're correct Donna.

I guess interested PT forumites could follow that 'signature' hyperlink, if they wanted to, and then search for "re-heating" and it'll take them right to the post Eri linked to directly (gasp, shudder) ... right?

- P
                  Peter Aranyi
                  Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

We've missed you Peter!

Comment

Ivf? (mamc)

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Phil Jones has been made bankrupt in the Auckland High court this morning.

Comment

That is no surprise with all the non payment of judgments won against him in NZ and the US.

Comment

Perhaps an entry is due in the
                            where are they now thread?

Comment

So what's next for Phil? He lives in USA and can still do business there (am I right?) therefore how does being made bankrupt here affect him carrying on as normal?

Comment

Working...
                              X